Activation problem with Trados
Thread poster: spectrumtransla

spectrumtransla
Local time: 00:49
Member (2009)
English to French
Mar 19, 2009

Hello to all,

I have installed my licenced copy of SDL Trados 2007 Freelance on my new desktop. Now, the system is asking for activation, which I did. When it's done, the system doesn't allow opening any memory in Workbench, saying "Translation memory too large for demo mode. Install a valid licence file or connect a dongle to the parallel port."

Same problem when trying to open TagEditor. The message is "While no valid SDL FLEXlm licence is available, Tag Editor runs in demo mode. Use Licence manager to check the licence status and to see if the licence has expired. Error information: The licence for TagEditor could not be checked out from the licence server."

I have opened and checked some functions a few days back, and everything was fine. Now, it seems that the system doesn't recognize at all that Trados has been legally installed. Any suggestion to correct the situation?

Thanks in advance,

Claude Forand, C. Tran.
Toronto

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:49
English to German
+ ...
Solution finder Mar 19, 2009

Hi Claude,
Have you tried the Solution Finder for licensing problems on talisma.sdl.com/?

Best regards,
Ralf

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Activation problem with Trados

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs