Mobile menu

Activation problem with Trados
Thread poster: spectrumtransla

Local time: 20:59
Member (2009)
English to French
Mar 19, 2009

Hello to all,

I have installed my licenced copy of SDL Trados 2007 Freelance on my new desktop. Now, the system is asking for activation, which I did. When it's done, the system doesn't allow opening any memory in Workbench, saying "Translation memory too large for demo mode. Install a valid licence file or connect a dongle to the parallel port."

Same problem when trying to open TagEditor. The message is "While no valid SDL FLEXlm licence is available, Tag Editor runs in demo mode. Use Licence manager to check the licence status and to see if the licence has expired. Error information: The licence for TagEditor could not be checked out from the licence server."

I have opened and checked some functions a few days back, and everything was fine. Now, it seems that the system doesn't recognize at all that Trados has been legally installed. Any suggestion to correct the situation?

Thanks in advance,

Claude Forand, C. Tran.

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:59
English to German
+ ...
Solution finder Mar 19, 2009

Hi Claude,
Have you tried the Solution Finder for licensing problems on

Best regards,

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Activation problem with Trados

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs