Javier Wasserzug  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:45
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 23, 2009

Translator's Workbench 7, Word 2003, Windows XP pro

This happens with some files, not all.

Usually it is after I have translated the title of a text. I hit Alt+ and the cursor goes to the next segment but the yellow field disappears and the first letter is selected, workbench doesn't work anymore.
I guess it has something to do with bookmarks but when I check at the beginning, before I start using workbench, there are no bookmarks in the document.

Sometimes, i place the cursor in the middle of the document and it starts working normally.

Direct link Reply with quote

Carmen Moreton
Local time: 04:45
French to Spanish
+ ...
Delete markers Mar 24, 2009

Go to Insert menu from Word and select "marcadores" (sorry, my Word instalation is in Spanish). Someone with the name "tw4win..." will appear. Delete it and you could work normally.

Chris Phillips  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:45
Swedish to English
+ ...
End of paragraph missing Mar 24, 2009

Hi Javier,

It sounds like Trados can't find an end of paragraph or you somehow have deleted the hard return from the segment.

If you post a screenshot or send me the file I may be able to provide a clearer answer.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

yellow field disappears

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs