Local time: 11:07
Member (2008)
German to French
+ ...
Mar 24, 2009

Hi everybody,

I'm making a TM for a customer with TagEditor

I have two PDF files, one in german and one in french, and a XML file in german

I must open the XML file with TagEditor and customer's DTD file, then I copy the target segment in french (from the french PDF file)

I do a "verifying" and save the file as bilingual (ttx).

The problem is: the customer tells me I didn't use the verifying tool because he still finds "spacing differences" in the ttx files and I haven't got this errors on my computer.

In the plug-ins, I've got the case "Generic Tag Verifier" checked and no other.

The customer has a plug-in called "QA Checker" in addition, maybe it could be the problem ???

If somebody could tell me about this problem, I would be grateful.

Thank You,

Direct link Reply with quote

Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:07
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Yes, that could be a problem Mar 24, 2009

Yes, try to run a check using the other verifiers as well (under Tools / Plug-ins in Tageditor).
Of course, certain spacing differences may be perfectly justified by language-specific punctuation rules, so it is usually a good idea to check the final error log, and write a small list to the customer about those details that are picked up by the automatic verifier but are not errors in fact. This will save you some time in the long run.
Kind regards,

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor: can't verify spacing differences

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs