France
Local time: 10:46
German to French
+ ...
Mar 24, 2009

Hi everybody,

I'm making a TM for a customer with TagEditor

I have two PDF files, one in german and one in french, and a XML file in german

I must open the XML file with TagEditor and customer's DTD file, then I copy the target segment in french (from the french PDF file)

I do a "verifying" and save the file as bilingual (ttx).

The problem is: the customer tells me I didn't use the verifying tool because he still finds "spacing dif
... See more
Hi everybody,

I'm making a TM for a customer with TagEditor

I have two PDF files, one in german and one in french, and a XML file in german

I must open the XML file with TagEditor and customer's DTD file, then I copy the target segment in french (from the french PDF file)

I do a "verifying" and save the file as bilingual (ttx).

The problem is: the customer tells me I didn't use the verifying tool because he still finds "spacing differences" in the ttx files and I haven't got this errors on my computer.

In the plug-ins, I've got the case "Generic Tag Verifier" checked and no other.

The customer has a plug-in called "QA Checker" in addition, maybe it could be the problem ???

If somebody could tell me about this problem, I would be grateful.

Thank You,

Greg.
Collapse

Attila Piróth
Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 10:46
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Yes, that could be a problem Mar 24, 2009

Yes, try to run a check using the other verifiers as well (under Tools / Plug-ins in Tageditor).
Of course, certain spacing differences may be perfectly justified by language-specific punctuation rules, so it is usually a good idea to check the final error log, and write a small list to the customer about those details that are picked up by the automatic verifier but are not errors in fact. This will save you some time in the long run.
Kind regards,
Attila

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor: can't verify spacing differences

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »