Mobile menu

"Copy source on no match" occuring even though option not ticked
Thread poster: xxxSerena Warlu
xxxSerena Warlu  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:53
French to English
Mar 26, 2009

Hello,
I am translating a new sort of file (for me!) on Trados - .itd - and when I open a unit it copies the source words even though there is no match in the TM. I've checked the option in Trados workbench - Options, Translation Memory Options, General. The "copy source on no match" option is not ticked but when I work on the document in tag-editor this is happening anyway.

Any ideas on how to stop this?
Serena

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxSerena Warlu  Identity Verified
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
More complicated than I first thought. Mar 26, 2009

Actually, the situation seems more complicated than that. When I first open a segment it copies the original text. If I close the segment without saving, then reopen it, it gives me a fuzzy match. ???

Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Pretranslated file? Mar 26, 2009

I think you are working with a pretranslated file, ie. "copy source on no match" has been already done when the file was created in SDLX. You can easily tell by looking at the file in TagEditor - is every unknown source segment followed by identical target? You can ask your client to fix the file in SDLX (pretranslate again with "copy source" unchecked).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Copy source on no match" occuring even though option not ticked

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs