"TM can't be accessed because it uses languages which were not selected during installation"
Thread poster: Csaba Ban
Csaba Ban
Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 05:33
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Mar 27, 2009

Dear All,

Last night my Trados Workbench stopped working properly, and probably I need to reinstall the software. I wonder how I can do this?

I'm using SDL Trados 2007, build 8.0.0.822.

The error message that I receive since last night when trying to open any TM: "The translation memory xxxx.tmw cannot be accessed because it uses languages which were not selected during installation".

Previously I uninstalled Trados 5 and SDLX to clear up t
... See more
Dear All,

Last night my Trados Workbench stopped working properly, and probably I need to reinstall the software. I wonder how I can do this?

I'm using SDL Trados 2007, build 8.0.0.822.

The error message that I receive since last night when trying to open any TM: "The translation memory xxxx.tmw cannot be accessed because it uses languages which were not selected during installation".

Previously I uninstalled Trados 5 and SDLX to clear up the hard drive of unwanted software - this may have caused this problem.

Is there an easy (or not so easy) way to fix this problem?

Needless to say, the TM I'm trying to open uses languages that were selected during the installation process.

I appreciate any assistance.

Csaba
Collapse

Sergei Leshchinsky
Sergei Leshchinsky  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 06:33
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
Try Xbench. Mar 27, 2009

There is something with the language codes inside the TM.
Open the TM in Xbench and export it to the same format, overriding the source and target languages.

Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:33
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Version registration? Are you using Windows XP? Mar 27, 2009

Csaba,
I am not sure this is what you need to do, but since you mentioned that you also had Trados 5 on your computer, perhaps you are using Windows XP?

I vaguely remember something about having to register the version you are using if you have two different ones installed on your computer, this is how you switch between them.

There was a small utility for that, which I remember being able to access from the Programs menu under the Trados group. It would make the
... See more
Csaba,
I am not sure this is what you need to do, but since you mentioned that you also had Trados 5 on your computer, perhaps you are using Windows XP?

I vaguely remember something about having to register the version you are using if you have two different ones installed on your computer, this is how you switch between them.

There was a small utility for that, which I remember being able to access from the Programs menu under the Trados group. It would make the necessary Windows registry entries for the version.
Perhaps that registry entry was messed up when you uninstalled Trados 5?

Something to try...

Katalin
Collapse

avsie (X)
avsie (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Selection during installation Mar 27, 2009

EDIT: ok, I'll admit it, I didn't read that last, last sentence of the message... Thanks Jørgen for correcting me

[Edited at 2009-03-28 04:02 GMT]

Jørgen Madsen
Jørgen Madsen  Identity Verified
English to Danish
+ ...
Please read the original posting before posting a reply Mar 27, 2009

So often you see people replying (with the best of intentions), but they fail to read the entire original posting... annoying...

Csaba Ban
Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
resolved Mar 27, 2009

Thank you for your time replying.

I ended spending the better half of the day uninstalling and reinstalling various versions of Trados. Now hopefully everything is fine - it does look fine at a first glance, at least now I can open my TMs and process files as usual.

Csaba

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"TM can't be accessed because it uses languages which were not selected during installation"

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »