https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/131417-tw_2007_cannot_find_multiterm_2007.html

TW 2007 cannot find MultiTerm 2007
Thread poster: Hans Näslund (X)
Hans Näslund (X)
Hans Näslund (X)
Sweden
Local time: 19:11
German to Swedish
+ ...
Mar 27, 2009

I recently installed SDL Trados 2007 Suite, and when I now also installed Multiterm 2007, Translator's Workbench is unable to connect to Multiterm. (My version of MultiTerm is 7.5.0.444.)

When I choose Options>Term recognition Options... in TW, MultiTerm 5 is pre-selected, and when I select MultiTerm 7, I get the following error message:

"Multiterm 7: Cannot Create: The selected Term Information Provider returned the following error: (-2147467259): Undefined error"
... See more
I recently installed SDL Trados 2007 Suite, and when I now also installed Multiterm 2007, Translator's Workbench is unable to connect to Multiterm. (My version of MultiTerm is 7.5.0.444.)

When I choose Options>Term recognition Options... in TW, MultiTerm 5 is pre-selected, and when I select MultiTerm 7, I get the following error message:

"Multiterm 7: Cannot Create: The selected Term Information Provider returned the following error: (-2147467259): Undefined error"

Otherwise, MultiTerm seems to work normally as a stand-aloen applivation.

I dont have MultiTerm 5 any more, as I have had to reinstall Windows from scratch, reformatting the hard disk.

What can the reason be for this error?? I certainly need help!
Collapse

hedapen
hedapen
English to Spanish
+ ...
I have the same problem Mar 30, 2009

Funny, I used to work with TW 2007 version and I had no problem with MT database recognition until a virus recently entered my PC and I needed to repair it. When I try to "call" my database from the term recognition option of TW the same error appears (access only to MT 5 databases) and -2147467259 non specified error. If any of us finds out how to sort it out, we could tell the other how to fix this, ok?

Wojciech Froelich
Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
Java Mar 30, 2009

Hans Näslund wrote:

I dont have MultiTerm 5 any more, as I have had to reinstall Windows from scratch, reformatting the hard disk.

What can the reason be for this error?? I certainly need help!

Make sure you have installed Java provided with MultiTerm, not the latest one (which is first thing that comes to your mind when reinstalling Windows from scratch).

Hans Näslund (X)
Hans Näslund (X)
Sweden
German to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Partial solution found, but problems still persist Apr 11, 2009

I have now found a (partial) solution for my problem - by re-registering Translator's Workbench and MultiTerm, starting with TW, and subsequently registering MT.

The registration files are the following:
TW: C:\Program\SDL International\T2007_FL\TT\SelfRegister.bat
MT: C:\Program \SDL International\MultiTerm 2007\#_SelfRegister_Desktop.bat

Now Translator's Workbench automatically accepts MultiTerm 7.

BUT I still have a problem: When I choose Opt
... See more
I have now found a (partial) solution for my problem - by re-registering Translator's Workbench and MultiTerm, starting with TW, and subsequently registering MT.

The registration files are the following:
TW: C:\Program\SDL International\T2007_FL\TT\SelfRegister.bat
MT: C:\Program \SDL International\MultiTerm 2007\#_SelfRegister_Desktop.bat

Now Translator's Workbench automatically accepts MultiTerm 7.

BUT I still have a problem: When I choose Options/Term Recognition Options, TW still cannot find my termbases. When I click on Browse, only an empty window opens, and there is no possibility to locate the termbases – and instead I get the following error message:
“MultiTerm 7: Cannot create: The selected Term Information Provider returned the following error: (–2147467261): (null)”

I have also verified that I have the Java 2 Runtime Environment version 1.5.0_12 as required by MultiTerm 7, and I have deleted earlier versions.

In the Java Control Panel I have deactivated version 1.6.0_13. Do I also have to delete it?

So I still need help!
Collapse

María Diehn
María Diehn  Identity Verified
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
Try uninstalling previous versions, instead of "deleting" them. Then install the appropriate version Apr 15, 2009

Hans Näslund wrote:

I
have also verified that I have the Java 2 Runtime Environment version 1.5.0_12 as required by MultiTerm 7, and I have deleted earlier versions.

In the Java Control Panel I have deactivated version 1.6.0_13. Do I also have to delete it?

So I still need help!
[/quote]

Dear Hans,

Try uninstalling previous versions, instead of "deleting" them. Then install the appropriate version.

Regards,

Maria

Hans Näslund (X)
Hans Näslund (X)
Sweden
German to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How to find correct Java version? Apr 15, 2009

María Diehn wrote:

Dear Hans,

Try uninstalling previous versions, instead of "deleting" them. Then install the appropriate version.

Regards,

Maria

What I meant by "deleting" was that I unstalled the earlier versions of Java Runtime Environment from "Add/Remove Programs" in the Control Panel. So what I have installed is the Java Runtime Environment 1.5.0_12 - but also Java 6 Update 13, which includes Java Runtime Environment 1.6.0_13.

So my question still is: Do I have to uninstall the latest Java version? If I do, I will have to reinstall the previous version (Java 5 Update 12).

Are you sure that it is not enough to deactivate JRE 1.6.0_13?

At Sun's website the version 5.0 Update 12 is no longer available - only 5.0 update 17, and 6 update 12. Which one should I choose?

Hans Näslund (X)
Hans Näslund (X)
Sweden
German to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Java 5.0 update 12 is available Apr 15, 2009

I have to correct my previous post - Java 5.0 update 12 is actually available.

So is the solution to uninstall all Java versions and reinstall this version?

Hans Näslund (X)
Hans Näslund (X)
Sweden
German to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Correction again Apr 15, 2009

Hans Näslund wrote:

I have to correct my previous post - Java 5.0 update 12 is actually available.

So is the solution to uninstall all Java versions and reinstall this version?

Correction again: It is actually the Java Development Kit (which contains a bunch of programs which I am unable to use) that is available in version 5.0. So it seems impossible to go back to earlier versions - except for the Java Runtime Environment, which is available in earlier versions.

Hans Näslund (X)
Hans Näslund (X)
Sweden
German to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved... May 27, 2009

It turned out that the only way to solve the problem was to uninstall all versions of Java and .NET Framework as well as MultiTerm, restart, and then reinstall MultiTerm, which also installs the required versions of Java and .NET.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TW 2007 cannot find MultiTerm 2007

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »