Mobile menu

Help with the installation
Thread poster: xxxMartin Berna
Mar 27, 2009

I have bought two licences for Trados, MultiTerm Desktop and MultiTerm Extract. I have downloaded all three files available in my account, which are SDLTrados2007Suite_FL_863_CD, SDLMultiTerm2007DesktopSP1NoPF, and SDLMultiTerm2007DesktopSP1. I do not seem to have any installation file for MultiTerm Extract, but two files for MultiTerm desktop (231 and 645 MB). Is this normal? If so, do I only install the bigger file or both? In which order?

Thank you

Direct link Reply with quote

Idoia Echenique  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:31
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
The three files Mar 27, 2009

Hello Martin,

MultiTerm Extract is included in SDLTrados2007Suite_FL, so this is the first file to be installed in order to get every component of SDLTrados (Trados, Workbench, Multiterm...).

The other two MultiTerm files are service packs. The correct order (I think) is:

1) SDLTrados2007Suite_FL_863_CD
2) SDLMultiTerm2007DesktopSP1NoPF
3) SDLMultiTerm2007DesktopSP1

Best regards,

ViktoriaG  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:31
English to French
+ ...
MultiTerm Extract is not included with Trados 2007 Suite Mar 27, 2009

What is included with the 2007 suite is MultiTerm Desktop. MultiTerm Extract is a standalone product, which you need to buy a separate licence for, even though it is integrated with MultiTerm Desktop, which does come with the 2007 suite.

It seems that Martin didn't get his copy of MultiTerm Extract. I have never bought MultiTerm Extract, but in earlier versions of the SDL Trados package, a trial version of it was shipped along with the package. What I suspect is that the MultiTerm Extract installer is packaged with the MultiTerm Desktop installer. In that case, you should be able to enter your license information for MultiTerm Extract when the install process asks for it, and you should then have a proper licensed copy on your computer.

What I would do first is check the My Account page on the SDL website to see whether there is a separate licence for MultiTerm Extract in the My Licenses section that you can download. If that is the case, download the licence file and have the MultiTerm installer detect it at the appropriate step in the install process (read the manual for more on this). Otherwise, either read the manual to find out about how exactly MultiTerm Extract should be installed or contact SDL support. If you bought a separate licence for MultiTerm Extract and have trouble installing it, they are probably the people to go to.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help with the installation

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs