Mobile menu

Winalign error 70158 aligning text files
Thread poster: Paul Klassen
Paul Klassen
Canada
Local time: 21:16
French to English
Mar 30, 2009

When I attempt to align two plain text files Winalign generates the following error:

"(70158): The provided document is not valid or the plugin architecture has not been properly set up."

I created very simple one-sentence files to conduct a test (the "French" file contained no accents). The result was the same. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Paul

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:16
English
SDL Support Team… Mar 31, 2009

Hello Paul,

Which version of SDL Trados are you using? To obtain this information please open Translators Workbench and go to Help > About. You will see your version number and build number in this window.

One good workaround would be to save the files in TagEditor as bilingual ttx files first and then attempt the alignment again.

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team

[Edited at 2009-03-31 09:03 GMT]

Paul Klassen
Canada
Local time: 21:16
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Please elaborate Mar 31, 2009

Hello Gareth,

Thanks for your quick response.

1. My version of Translators Workbench is 8.3.0.863 (yes, I just upgraded to the latest version since I was unable to get my prior version to work on my new Vista 64 system).

2. I'm not sure what you have in mind here. I've used TagEditor as a translating environment, but I can't imagine how I would save the files as bilingual ttx files without somehow aligning them before...using TagEditor? This suggestion is very confusing to me...please explain.

If I try to load one of the French text files into TagEditor, I get the following error:

Error when using plug-in file filters:
Unexpected failure in Codepage property for COM plug-in component
RegExFileFilter.TextFileFileScanner
Would you like to try to open this file anyway?

...which leads to another error I didn't save.

Also, I have 110 files (55 in each language) to align, with more coming in each day. So it is important to me that the process not be too labour intensive.

Thanks again,

Paul

[Edited at 2009-03-31 14:12 GMT]

micromice
Local time: 08:16
Chinese to English
my solution Jan 21, 2010

Paul Klassen wrote:

Hello Gareth,

Thanks for your quick response.

1. My version of Translators Workbench is 8.3.0.863 (yes, I just upgraded to the latest version since I was unable to get my prior version to work on my new Vista 64 system).

2. I'm not sure what you have in mind here. I've used TagEditor as a translating environment, but I can't imagine how I would save the files as bilingual ttx files without somehow aligning them before...using TagEditor? This suggestion is very confusing to me...please explain.

If I try to load one of the French text files into TagEditor, I get the following error:

Error when using plug-in file filters:
Unexpected failure in Codepage property for COM plug-in component
RegExFileFilter.TextFileFileScanner
Would you like to try to open this file anyway?

...which leads to another error I didn't save.

Also, I have 110 files (55 in each language) to align, with more coming in each day. So it is important to me that the process not be too labour intensive.

Thanks again,

Paul

[Edited at 2009-03-31 14:12 GMT]

I encountered the same problme. I checked the user's guide and found that I changed the name of the file box. That resulted in the error. I changed back the oringal name. It worked.

steven zhang
Senior translator of Chinese/English
www.micromice.com.cn
steven.zhang@micromice.com.cn
Beijing MicroMice Translation Co Ltd

[Modificato alle 2010-01-21 08:25 GMT]

Don Hartig  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:16
Member (2010)
Chinese to English
+ ...
Possible reason May 28, 2012

Hi, I got the same error and then I realised that I had overlooked the "File type" box in the project creation window. Winalign keeps the file type set to the last file type you were working with. So if your previous project was, for instance ppt or txt but the one you are doing now is doc or docx, you have to change it back to the corresponding file type. It is easy to miss.

Hope this helps for error 70158.

Don

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Winalign error 70158 aligning text files

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs