Karin Walker (X)
Karin Walker (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:37
German to English
+ ...
Mar 31, 2009

Hi all,
After a few weeks' break from MultiTerm I wanted to input some terms, but MultiTerm won't let me.
The first three times I got the message "Undefined ist null oder kein Objekt" (Internet Explorer Skriptfehler"; as I use Firefox as my default browser I tried running IE in the background to see whether it would make a difference and now the error message is "null" and when I click on "OK", I get "java.lang.NullPointerException".

Googling the error messages did not
... See more
Hi all,
After a few weeks' break from MultiTerm I wanted to input some terms, but MultiTerm won't let me.
The first three times I got the message "Undefined ist null oder kein Objekt" (Internet Explorer Skriptfehler"; as I use Firefox as my default browser I tried running IE in the background to see whether it would make a difference and now the error message is "null" and when I click on "OK", I get "java.lang.NullPointerException".

Googling the error messages did not return any useful workarounds.

This has never happened before. There is no problem reading existing entries.

Can anyone help? I am using SDL MT 7.5.0.444 Build 448 on Windows XP.

TIA
Karin
Collapse

Giles Watson
Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
In memoriam
Java? Mar 31, 2009

Could be that Java has updated to a version that is not compatible with MT.

You might want to try Jerzy's solution (with a German screenshot!):

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/130954-multiterm_help_empty_database.html#1087763

HTH

Giles

Karin Walker (X)
Karin Walker (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Superb! Mar 31, 2009

Thanks Giles for the link! Unchecking the box and restarting Firefox and MT solved the problem. I just hope other applications won't be affected by the intervention - we'll see.

Thanks also to Jerzy for the original solution!

Karin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to add new entries in MultiTerm

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »