United States
Local time: 22:25
Member (2000)
Greek to English
+ ...
Apr 1, 2009

Hello,
I've had this problem for a while, so I'd really appreciate any suggestions:

I have Trados 6.5 and I am translating from Greek into English.
Greek words are not recognized by Concordance, and if I type in a Greek word, it becomes illegible (question marks and garbled characters) as soon as I hit Search.
So I went to Control panel -> Regional and Language Settings -> Advanced, and I selected "Greek" on the pull-down menu, where it says "Select a language to match the language version of the non-Unicode programs you want to use".
I rebooted, reopened Trados and Word, and Concordance worked great! It recognizes Greek words when I open a segment in my Word document, and when I type them in the textbox in the Concordance window, I get results.
BUT... now Word behaves strangely whenever I open a segment. The Greek source segments appear all garbled. Only in Word. When I look at the segment in Workbench it appears correctly.

Can anybody help?
Maria

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Greek fonts in Concordance

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs