United States
Local time: 04:28
Member (2000)
Greek to English
+ ...
Apr 1, 2009

Hello,
I've had this problem for a while, so I'd really appreciate any suggestions:

I have Trados 6.5 and I am translating from Greek into English.
Greek words are not recognized by Concordance, and if I type in a Greek word, it becomes illegible (question marks and garbled characters) as soon as I hit Search.
So I went to Control panel -> Regional and Language Settings -> Advanced, and I selected "Greek" on the pull-down menu, where it says "Select a language t
... See more
Hello,
I've had this problem for a while, so I'd really appreciate any suggestions:

I have Trados 6.5 and I am translating from Greek into English.
Greek words are not recognized by Concordance, and if I type in a Greek word, it becomes illegible (question marks and garbled characters) as soon as I hit Search.
So I went to Control panel -> Regional and Language Settings -> Advanced, and I selected "Greek" on the pull-down menu, where it says "Select a language to match the language version of the non-Unicode programs you want to use".
I rebooted, reopened Trados and Word, and Concordance worked great! It recognizes Greek words when I open a segment in my Word document, and when I type them in the textbox in the Concordance window, I get results.
BUT... now Word behaves strangely whenever I open a segment. The Greek source segments appear all garbled. Only in Word. When I look at the segment in Workbench it appears correctly.

Can anybody help?
Maria
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Greek fonts in Concordance

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »