Thread poster: Déborah Essers-Jansen
Déborah Essers-Jansen
Déborah Essers-Jansen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 09:41
English to Dutch
+ ...
Apr 1, 2009

Last week I had installed the demo version of SDL Trados 2007, since I needed that in combination with an updated version of TeamWorks. After that installation I decided to purchase a license for Trados 2007 and today I inserted the activation code in the program. After doing so, I got the error message "Translation memory is too large for demo mode. Insert a valid license file or dongle to the parallel port." when opening an TM, while I was able to use this specific TM in demo mode. At this mom... See more
Last week I had installed the demo version of SDL Trados 2007, since I needed that in combination with an updated version of TeamWorks. After that installation I decided to purchase a license for Trados 2007 and today I inserted the activation code in the program. After doing so, I got the error message "Translation memory is too large for demo mode. Insert a valid license file or dongle to the parallel port." when opening an TM, while I was able to use this specific TM in demo mode. At this moment I'm not able to open a normal TM (only TM's with almost no content can be opened) in Trados 2007.

Besides that I'm also not able to work in SDL Trados 2006 anymore, since TagEditor gives the error message "Error in plug-in definition file C:\\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SDL International\Filters\Word_1_0_0_0.xml: The C++ Plug-in DLL TradosWordBinaryFile.dll does not export a valid factory function CreateWordFileScanner" while everything should be installed correctly, as far as I know.

Is there anybody who has an idea how I can solve those problems?

Thanks!
Collapse

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Check the license code Apr 2, 2009

Hi Déborah,
please check whether you have inserted the correct license code and if the license that you activated is available in the License Manager. Under "Active Licenses" there are several columns. In the first column there should be a row indicating your license number and the same row should say "Permanent".
If this is not the case, you have probably inserted an invalid license code. If the license code is indeed that what you can see in your translationzone.com profile, this
... See more
Hi Déborah,
please check whether you have inserted the correct license code and if the license that you activated is available in the License Manager. Under "Active Licenses" there are several columns. In the first column there should be a row indicating your license number and the same row should say "Permanent".
If this is not the case, you have probably inserted an invalid license code. If the license code is indeed that what you can see in your translationzone.com profile, this might be an issue at the SDL's part. In this case, please contact SDL via the Solution Finder. You are elligible for free support on installation and activation issues.
Collapse

Déborah Essers-Jansen
Déborah Essers-Jansen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Apr 3, 2009

Hi Stanislav,

Thanks for your reaction. I wasn't aware that SDL support for installation issues was free (I couldn't really find it on their site), but I'll definitely contact them.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Upgrade to SDL Trados 2007, error messages

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »