Tageditor "save target as" error = autoshape mark does not correspond to final ´cf´mark
Thread poster: Catarina Aleixo
Catarina Aleixo
Catarina Aleixo  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 00:36
Member (2007)
Portuguese to English
Apr 2, 2009

Can any one help with this? It's a .pptx original file with some fancy graphics in it and when I convert the original powerpoint to an earlier version a load of slides and graphics disappear so I can't translate that file in tageditor.

If anyone has any ideas I'd welcome them ASAP as I'm on a deadline ... aren't we all?

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:36
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Then translate the pptx Apr 2, 2009

instead of converting it.
Where is the problem? You did not provide even the rudimentary information about your software versions.
If you receive tag errors, the usual way is to run the Generic tag verifier on the file.
Did you do that?

Best regards
Jerzy

Catarina Aleixo
Portugal
Member (2007)
Portuguese to English
TOPIC STARTER
That's what I'm trying to avoid... it's a big document and I've already translated it once Apr 2, 2009

I have Trados 2007 Build 835, if that's of any help. I ran the Generic tag verifier and nothing like that error came up, just missing italics tags and spaces etc.

Thanks again.

Catarina Aleixo
Portugal
Member (2007)
Portuguese to English
TOPIC STARTER
how am I supposed to change an "autoshape" mark anyway? Apr 2, 2009

I can't even edit those "autoshape" marks...

Jerzy Czopik
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Does it save as target when you open it? Apr 2, 2009

Please check, if the original ppt saves as target before you even started to translate.
If yes, then you made an error. If not, then you will need to find another way.
If it saves, please make sure, that in your translation there are no empty segments and that if tags did not touch each other before they do not after your translation.

Please also check at http://talisma.sdl.com, if you do
... See more
Please check, if the original ppt saves as target before you even started to translate.
If yes, then you made an error. If not, then you will need to find another way.
If it saves, please make sure, that in your translation there are no empty segments and that if tags did not touch each other before they do not after your translation.

Please also check at http://talisma.sdl.com, if you do have the patch for PPT. AFAIR there was a bigger change for PPT during the lifetime of build 835.

HTH
Jerzy
Collapse

Catarina Aleixo
Portugal
Member (2007)
Portuguese to English
TOPIC STARTER
sorry for my ignorance... how do I get the patch? Apr 2, 2009

I went to the link, but am not sure what to do. Apologies.

Jerzy Czopik
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
No problem Apr 2, 2009

Go to the link.
Put 2427 in the search box and go to this article. Download the patch and install it according to the instructions provided.
Then repeat the same with article 2361.

Then try again
HTH
Jerzy

Catarina Aleixo
Portugal
Member (2007)
Portuguese to English
TOPIC STARTER
I'll give it a go Apr 2, 2009

Thanks Jerzy I try and let you know how I get on. Thanks again!

Catarina Aleixo
Portugal
Member (2007)
Portuguese to English
TOPIC STARTER
problem solved - SmartArt graphics removed from original file... et voilá! Apr 3, 2009

Hi again Jerzy,

Just thought I'd let you know that the problem was solved by the customer removing some SmartArt graphics in the file. It seems these were what were preventing me from converting the .ttx back to Powerpoint. I installed all the hot fixes you suggested and that should help with other future incompatibilities, so thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tageditor "save target as" error = autoshape mark does not correspond to final ´cf´mark

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »