Mobile menu

Spellchecking several TTXs at once
Thread poster: haimish
Local time: 03:04
Apr 2, 2009

Hi all,

I have a project that consists of 340 small TTX files. I'd like to avoid having to spellcheck every file, and I was thinking if there is any way to "merge" several TTXs into one file (any format) I can spellcheck in one run.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Direct link Reply with quote

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:04
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Synergy glue Apr 3, 2009

I think in Trados Synergy is a glue-function. If you use SDLX you have the option to combine the whole project into one file.

Local time: 03:04
No Synergy Apr 3, 2009

This is SDL Trados 2006, so no Synergy and no chance to use SDLX either.

Wolfgang Jörissen  Identity Verified
Dutch to German
+ ...
DVX demo Apr 3, 2009

Not a permanent solution, but you could eventually download a 30 days evaluation version of Deja Vu X, which imports multiple TTX into one project. You can export those into a Word table, spellcheck, import them back into the project and export the spellchecked TTX files.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spellchecking several TTXs at once

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs