Mobile menu

How to leave color unchanged after translating and closing a segment?
Thread poster: Lana Rachkovskaya

Lana Rachkovskaya  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:09
English to Russian
+ ...
Apr 3, 2009

I wonder if anyone came across this one: for example, you're working in a pre-translated MS Word file with standard Trados color scheme (dark green for 100%, dark yellow for fuzzies and black for new text). After translating and then closing the new black segment, the color turns green. This is the case for both new text and fuzzies. Is there any way to leave the colors unchanged so that you could visually determine after completing the translation which segments were new (black) and which of them were 100% matches (green)? Thank you so much in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Partial member
Spanish
+ ...
Options>Colors Apr 3, 2009

You need to change the setting in the Colors options. Just a few weeks ago, I took a screenshot and put it in another thread: www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/128321-how_do_i_find_where_i_stopped_last_night.html#1062146

[Edited at 2009-04-03 21:10 GMT]

It was Options>Translated Text Colours

[Edited at 2009-04-03 21:12 GMT]

English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The link is not valid Apr 3, 2009

Thank you so much, Claudia, but it looks like the link is not valid. Also, I know how to change colors in Options>Translated Text Colors but the question is if the color can be left unchanged after the segment is translated and closed (because it just turns to green by default). I'm not sure if you have the answer under the that link, as the link points to the general forums page. Thank you so much for all your help.

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Partial member
Spanish
+ ...
Unchanged Apr 3, 2009

One of the options is 'Unchanged', so that's where you should change it from.

English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
"Unchanged" does not apply to new text though Apr 3, 2009

Thank you so much. I thought of that but "Unchanged" does not apply to new text, it only applies to 100% and fuzzies. Do you know how to leave the new text (typically pre-segmented) with "unchanged" color so that it remains black? Thank you so much in advance.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to leave color unchanged after translating and closing a segment?

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs