How to leave color unchanged after translating and closing a segment?
Thread poster: Lana Rachkovskaya
Lana Rachkovskaya
Lana Rachkovskaya  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:31
English to Russian
+ ...
Apr 3, 2009

I wonder if anyone came across this one: for example, you're working in a pre-translated MS Word file with standard Trados color scheme (dark green for 100%, dark yellow for fuzzies and black for new text). After translating and then closing the new black segment, the color turns green. This is the case for both new text and fuzzies. Is there any way to leave the colors unchanged so that you could visually determine after completing the translation which segments were new (black) and which of th... See more
I wonder if anyone came across this one: for example, you're working in a pre-translated MS Word file with standard Trados color scheme (dark green for 100%, dark yellow for fuzzies and black for new text). After translating and then closing the new black segment, the color turns green. This is the case for both new text and fuzzies. Is there any way to leave the colors unchanged so that you could visually determine after completing the translation which segments were new (black) and which of them were 100% matches (green)? Thank you so much in advance.Collapse

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 23:31
Spanish
+ ...
Options>Colors Apr 3, 2009

You need to change the setting in the Colors options. Just a few weeks ago, I took a screenshot and put it in another thread: www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/128321-how_do_i_find_where_i_stopped_last_night.html#1062146

[Edited at 2009-04-03 21:10 GMT]

It was Options>Translated Text Colours

[
... See more
You need to change the setting in the Colors options. Just a few weeks ago, I took a screenshot and put it in another thread: www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/128321-how_do_i_find_where_i_stopped_last_night.html#1062146

[Edited at 2009-04-03 21:10 GMT]

It was Options>Translated Text Colours

[Edited at 2009-04-03 21:12 GMT]
Collapse

Lana Rachkovskaya
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The link is not valid Apr 3, 2009

Thank you so much, Claudia, but it looks like the link is not valid. Also, I know how to change colors in Options>Translated Text Colors but the question is if the color can be left unchanged after the segment is translated and closed (because it just turns to green by default). I'm not sure if you have the answer under the that link, as the link points to the general forums page. Thank you so much for all your help.

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 23:31
Spanish
+ ...
Unchanged Apr 3, 2009

One of the options is 'Unchanged', so that's where you should change it from.

Lana Rachkovskaya
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
"Unchanged" does not apply to new text though Apr 3, 2009

Thank you so much. I thought of that but "Unchanged" does not apply to new text, it only applies to 100% and fuzzies. Do you know how to leave the new text (typically pre-segmented) with "unchanged" color so that it remains black? Thank you so much in advance.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to leave color unchanged after translating and closing a segment?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »