Mobile menu

winalign ttx files import in Translator's workbench - invalid units
Thread poster: Libe de las Fuentes

Libe de las Fuentes
Local time: 02:42
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 4, 2009

I have prepared an alignment project of txt files and it seems to be correct. I export the project files and when I try to import them in TW the translation units seem to be invalid and are not added to the TM.

If I do that with previously aligned files importing is correct. It looks as if my current Winalign programme (recently re-installed) is not running correctly (though it apparently does so). How can I know where the problem is? I have plenty of paired bilingual files with urgent analysis and am currently blocked with this funny issue.

Any help is welcome.

Libe

Direct link Reply with quote

Libe de las Fuentes
Local time: 02:42
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
language version Apr 6, 2009

Dear colleagues. I finally found out where the problem was. It was the Spanish language version. In the WinAlign project configuration I selected Spanish Spain and the Translation Memory had Spanish International Sort. Just a silly thing that made my head go crazy. Just to let you know if it ever happens to you...

Dimmo
Local time: 03:42
English to Bulgarian
thanx Apr 6, 2009

I've seen the problem too. Thanks for the solution.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

winalign ttx files import in Translator's workbench - invalid units

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs