Java 6 Update 13 - Trados 2007 - MultiTerm
Thread poster: Annett Hieber

Annett Hieber  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:17
English to German
Apr 4, 2009

I have a general question:

My computer system suggests that a new update called "Java 6 Update 13" is available. First, I would like to know what I need this Java for generally (I'm a layman with things like that)? Second, I would like to ask, if anybody knows whether this update could cause any problems with MultiTerm 2007? Two weeks ago I had problems to add terms in MultiTerm that could be resolved by deactivating the "update to new generation" (with regard to Java) button in the system control setting.

Any answer would be appreciated. Thank you and a nice week-end to all!

Annett

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Why update? Is anything working wrong in your system? Apr 4, 2009

I would not update Java if I do not need to.
And most probably you do not need to do so - the Java update might be used by some web sites, but certainly not for anything you need to your work.

Should you though decide to update, please note, that the setting you mention is again active and you will need to deactivate it after the update process is done.

Best regards
Jerzy

Annett Hieber  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your advice, Jerzy! Apr 5, 2009

That was just what I assumed, but as I am not an IT expert I rather asked. Thus, I won't update this "Java" and will ignore it.

I hope other people also read this thread, so that new problems in this respect can be avoided.

Thank you again and have a nice Sunday!

Annett

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Java 6 Update 13 - Trados 2007 - MultiTerm

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs