France
Local time: 03:24
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
test still not displaying! Apr 9, 2009

I'll type it in manually:

' > ' , la valeur hexadécimale 0x3c, est un caractère d'attribut non valide. Ligne 121, position 212. File skipped!

In fact I have sorted out the problem by isolating the page in the Powerpoint that was causing the error message.
But I would still welcome any comments in case it happpens again...

[Edited at 2009-04-09 01:42 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Symbols Apr 14, 2009

Hi Mark,
make sure there is no WordArt text or the Euro (€) symbol. These usually cause your problem. Before I translate a PPT file, I always replace € with E.

Mark Nathan  Identity Verified
France
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
WordArt Apr 14, 2009

Yes, I think there might be some WordArt text - there is some text in a grey oval shape.

Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
May be your problem Apr 15, 2009

Hi Mark,
that might be exactly your problem. Re-write the WordArt text as normal paragraph text and once you have cleaned the file up, restore the WordArt look. Shouldn't take much effort.

Mark Nathan  Identity Verified
France
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No Apr 15, 2009

I have tried deleting the wordart but it still doesn't work (tag editor closes itself immediately, or, if I save the presentation as a 2007 doc as opposed to a 97-2003, it will run, but then still produces an error message on clean up).
It will only work (run and clean up) if I delete the whole page, and I can't see anything else obvious on the page that might cause a problem...weird!

Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Typical Trados... Apr 15, 2009

Sorry Mark, I have no other suggestion but deleting WordArt and all € characters before converting PPT into TTX...

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Try this... Apr 16, 2009

Hello Mark,

Please make sure you have the latest version installed, SDL Trados 2007 Suite (build 863). To check your current version please open Translators Workbench and go to Help > About, this window will display your current version and build number.

I would then recommend installing the latest hotfixes for Microsoft PowerPoint files to see if this fixes the issue. You can download the latest hotfixes from the following article:

http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=2360&p=1

If you would like to receive regular e-mails on new hotfixes and updates then please subscribe to the following article:

http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=2299&p=1

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

error message cleaning up a powerpoint file with tag editor

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs