Thread poster: Jotrad
Jotrad
Jotrad  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:51
French to Polish
+ ...
Apr 11, 2009

Hello,
My problem is that I can't use fonction Set/Close next Open/Get becouse it is grey.
Is there some one who know why? I can just open TU and close it but not save it in my TM
Best regards
Joanna Majewska

cherepanov
cherepanov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 07:51
Member (2005)
English to Russian
+ ...
Square icon Apr 11, 2009

Hello Joanna,

Make sure any Translation Memory is open. Then click on a square icon in the top raw of the screen, right to the Complete Tag Text icon.

Dmitri

Jotrad
Jotrad  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
TagEditor Apr 11, 2009

Cherepanov wrote:

Hello Joanna,

Make sure any Translation Memory is open. Then click on a square icon in the top raw of the screen, right to the Complete Tag Text icon.

Dmitri

Ok. thank you very much Dmitri, the problem no exist, everythink is working properly. It was probably problem with Translation Memory or even Translator's Workbench.
Thank you any way.
Joanna M.

Jørgen Madsen
Jørgen Madsen  Identity Verified
English to Danish
+ ...
Communication problem between TE and WB Apr 11, 2009

I sometimes have similar problems when either TagEditor (TE) or Workbench (WB) crashes. Then I can only open and close segments using the menus, not with shortcuts, and absolutely no "Set/Close Next Open/Get" nor others are possible (shortcuts or via menus). I guess this is sort of a communication problem between TE and WB, and the only way to fix it is to close both programs and start them again (usually WB first). These are small bugs you learn to live with....

See more
I sometimes have similar problems when either TagEditor (TE) or Workbench (WB) crashes. Then I can only open and close segments using the menus, not with shortcuts, and absolutely no "Set/Close Next Open/Get" nor others are possible (shortcuts or via menus). I guess this is sort of a communication problem between TE and WB, and the only way to fix it is to close both programs and start them again (usually WB first). These are small bugs you learn to live with....

Jørgen

[Edited at 2009-04-11 20:42 GMT]
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Tools - Connect to Workbench Apr 12, 2009

Good morning,
There's a function in TagEditor that allows you to reconnect (Tools - Connect to Workbench).

Note that this has been discussed before; Joanna, you may want to edit the title of your posting - "TagEditor" is rather non-descript.

Best regards,
Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »