Problem with the installation of Trados 2007 upgrade
Thread poster: Laura Hastings

Laura Hastings  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:58
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 11, 2009

Hi everybody,

I just upgraded my MS Office software to the 2007 version. Of course, then I needed to update my Trados 7 Freelance to Trados 2007 Suite Freelance.

I purchased the upgrade and tried to install it, but I continually get the following error, in spite of the fact that I do not have any type of Trados 2007 on my computer:

"A previous version of this product is already installed on your computer. Please backup any data files that you have created, uninstall the current version, and run the installation program again. Setup will now exit."

I have placed the upgrade files on a completely different drive than my Trados 7 version. I have never used a trial version of Trados 2007, so I have no idea why I am getting this error or what to do to remedy the problem.

Any help would be extremely appreciated.

Thank you,

Laura Hastings-Brownstein

Direct link Reply with quote

LittleBalu
Germany
Local time: 22:58
English to German
+ ...
Previous version = Trados 7 Apr 12, 2009

Hi Laura,

Setup is asking you to uninstall Trados 7 (= the "previous version of this product"), not any existing version of Trados 2007. That's all.

Best wishes,
LB

English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Need to keep the previous version... Apr 12, 2009

since I am not sure how well the new version will work. The release notes mentioned that you could still retain your previous versions by installing the new version in a separate folder, but I have done this, actually putting the new version on a different hard drive.

Thanks for your help.

Laura

English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem with installation of Trados 2007 upgrade SOLVED! Apr 13, 2009

LittleBalu,

Thanks for clarifying this point for me.

After thinking it over, I decided to back up the copy of Trados I was using heretofore, and then uninstall it. I was thinking that I could reinstall it if I had problems with the new version.

So I did that, and then was able to successfully install the new version! I am happily translating a project right now with MS Word 2007 and Trados 2007 Suite, so it worked out great!!

I am really grateful for your help, especially because it was on the weekend.

Hope you have a very nice day today, knowing you helped a "confused" fellow translator!

Best,

Laura

LittleBalu
Germany
Local time: 22:58
English to German
+ ...
:-) Apr 13, 2009

Glad it worked out!

All the best,
LB

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with the installation of Trados 2007 upgrade

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs