How to creat macros for tageditor?
Thread poster: Clifford Marcus
Clifford Marcus
Clifford Marcus
Local time: 03:15
Spanish to English
+ ...
Apr 12, 2009

I have created a macro for the Trados command to save translation, add to memory and open the next segment (I can't remember exactly what it's called, but it's the one you use to save and get the next segment....). I find it much easier than the three key combination which is the default macro (I have set it to Alt+Enter...).
My problem is that this doesn't work in Tageditor, so my question is, how can I create this macro in T/E, if I can?

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 04:15
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
There's been several threads about this issue Apr 12, 2009

Clifford Marcus wrote:

I have created a macro for the Trados command to save translation, add to memory and open the next segment (I can't remember exactly what it's called, but it's the one you use to save and get the next segment....). I find it much easier than the three key combination which is the default macro (I have set it to Alt+Enter...).
My problem is that this doesn't work in Tageditor, so my question is, how can I create this macro in T/E, if I can?

...but all without any solution. One the one hand, TE does not allow user to mess around with shortcuts, and on the other hand any solution, involving sendkeys system function (or its wrappers, like AutoIt) would turn out to be unmanageable - this is just an assumption and I would be glad to take on any half-done suggestions to go this way.

Antoní­n Otáhal
Antoní­n Otáhal
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
EZ macros Apr 12, 2009

Actually, I use EZ macros http://www.americansys.com for many programs, including TagEditor, without any problems.

Antonin

Jaroslaw Michalak
Jaroslaw Michalak  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
SITE LOCALIZER
Autohotkey Apr 12, 2009

Another software is Autohotkey, mentioned several times here...

http://www.autohotkey.com

If you specify what exactly needs to be done, I might help you to create the macro.

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
twas brillig - the darn Num+... Apr 12, 2009

Jabberwock wrote:

Another software is Autohotkey, mentioned several times here...

http://www.autohotkey.com

If you specify what exactly needs to be done, I might help you to create the macro.

yes both to Antonin and Jabberwock.

I tried it with EZ (dont have Autokey on this machine) and it works if you try to circumnavigate Num+. I guess that was also the hangup in all my tries so far, I just never could figure out, where it is on the notebooks, same for Num*.

To do a variant of set/close and get next ([alt]+[num+], I got by (*) using:

<Alt Down><End><Down><Alt Down><Home>

[EDIT]* - for now (g). Possibly one can tweak it with the code for Num+ and other keys that cant be found on the keyboard used.

Regards

vito

[Edited at 2009-04-12 20:18 GMT]

Antoní­n Otáhal
Antoní­n Otáhal
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
Up after Down? Apr 12, 2009

Vito Smolej wrote:

<Alt Down><End><Down><Alt
Down><Home>

If it is an EZ-macro script, I strongly recommend to pair each occurrence of <Alt Down> with <Alt Up> - otherwise strange things tend to happen...

Antonin

[Edited at 2009-04-12 20:22 GMT]

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Definitely Autohotkey! Apr 13, 2009

That's what we use here. A little bit of "programming" is all you need to bend TagEditor to your needs.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to creat macros for tageditor?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »