https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/132683-trados_menu_missing_in_word_but_only_in_tw4win_footnotedoc_window.html

Trados menu missing in Word - but only in tw4win footnote.doc window
Thread poster: Michele Lemieux-Madison (X)
Michele Lemieux-Madison (X)
Michele Lemieux-Madison (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:10
English to French
+ ...
Apr 14, 2009

I know the menu bar question has been raised ad nauseam, but I can't find the response to my problem.

I have Trados 2007, Word 2007 and Vista (I know, thanks for your condolences!). I am translating a document that has footnotes. The file I am working on has the Trados menu. When I click the alt+footnote number, I am brought to another Word window called tw4win footnote.doc, this one has no Trados menu. I can't use the shortcut key (Alt+Num +) because my laptop does not have the num
... See more
I know the menu bar question has been raised ad nauseam, but I can't find the response to my problem.

I have Trados 2007, Word 2007 and Vista (I know, thanks for your condolences!). I am translating a document that has footnotes. The file I am working on has the Trados menu. When I click the alt+footnote number, I am brought to another Word window called tw4win footnote.doc, this one has no Trados menu. I can't use the shortcut key (Alt+Num +) because my laptop does not have the num key and I don't know how to create a shortcut for it.

Thanks for any help!
Michele
Collapse

Michele Lemieux-Madison (X)
Michele Lemieux-Madison (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:10
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Found a temporary solution Apr 14, 2009

I have at least figured out how to go from a footnote back to my document without causing a problem. In case this could help, when I am finished translating my footnote, alt+end to close the segment, and alt+0 to go back to my document.

And previously I forgot to mention that my trados8.dot file is in the right folder and active.

Thanks
Michele

Ana Elisa Igel
Ana Elisa Igel  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 12:10
Member (2009)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Trados Footnote Nov 5, 2011

Michelle
Coincidently, I bumoped into the same problem as yours regarding Trados footnote.
Have you heard from anyone concerning this?
If so, please help me!
I can't seem to be able to close all documents because of this foot note.
Thanks a bunch,
Ana

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados menu missing in Word - but only in tw4win footnote.doc window

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »