Mobile menu

Error 304 when converting file from ttx to mif - help needed
Thread poster: Krakor
Krakor
English to Czech
Apr 15, 2009

Hello all,

I´d like to ask you for help. I received mif file from the customer, so I exported it to ttx file via S-Tagger. The whole file is translated and problem is that if I try to export it back to the mif file I get in TE message: "Error 304. The text in the index marker is 40 character(s) too long." So can anybody help me what to do with ttx file or original mif file? Thanks a lot for any advice.

Jan

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-04-15 13:37 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

tectranslate ITS GmbH
Local time: 11:43
German
+ ...
The message is fairly explicit Apr 15, 2009

Check for <imk> and/or <ie> tags with a lot of text in them. The maximum length of an index entry in FrameMaker is 255 characters.

To find them, use a text editor or check "Search tag content" in TagEditor's Find dialog.

HTH,

Benjamin

[Edited at 2009-04-15 15:41 GMT]

Krakor
English to Czech
TOPIC STARTER
thx Apr 16, 2009

Thank you for reply. You were right, I found that words between imk and /imk cannot exceed 255 characters all together. So I shortened some words after ie tags. Thanks again.

Jan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error 304 when converting file from ttx to mif - help needed

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs