Mobile menu

Error 304 when converting file from ttx to mif - help needed
Thread poster: Krakor
English to Czech
Apr 15, 2009

Hello all,

I´d like to ask you for help. I received mif file from the customer, so I exported it to ttx file via S-Tagger. The whole file is translated and problem is that if I try to export it back to the mif file I get in TE message: "Error 304. The text in the index marker is 40 character(s) too long." So can anybody help me what to do with ttx file or original mif file? Thanks a lot for any advice.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-04-15 13:37 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

tectranslate ITS GmbH
Local time: 09:52
+ ...
The message is fairly explicit Apr 15, 2009

Check for <imk> and/or <ie> tags with a lot of text in them. The maximum length of an index entry in FrameMaker is 255 characters.

To find them, use a text editor or check "Search tag content" in TagEditor's Find dialog.

[Edited at 2009-04-15 15:41 GMT]

English to Czech
thx Apr 16, 2009

Thank you for reply. You were right, I found that words between imk and /imk cannot exceed 255 characters all together. So I shortened some words after ie tags. Thanks again.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error 304 when converting file from ttx to mif - help needed

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs