Importing a txt file with Story collector - help needed
Thread poster: ln04
ln04
ln04
Local time: 08:42
Apr 15, 2009

Hi!
I have to translate a pagemaker file (*.p65). To do this I used Story collector, the stories were exported well. But now I want to import the stories back to the document and I am getting an error message "The current document is not valid for import as it does not contain any stories". I have this error message even when I try to export the stories without translating them.
I really don't understand what is happening here, I never had this error before.
Could you please h
... See more
Hi!
I have to translate a pagemaker file (*.p65). To do this I used Story collector, the stories were exported well. But now I want to import the stories back to the document and I am getting an error message "The current document is not valid for import as it does not contain any stories". I have this error message even when I try to export the stories without translating them.
I really don't understand what is happening here, I never had this error before.
Could you please help?
Thank you.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-04-15 13:32 GMT]
Collapse

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
Local time: 08:42
German
+ ...
Layers Apr 15, 2009

Note that the message is referring to the PageMaker document being invalid, not to the import file.

Did you turn off or hide any of the layers in the document? This would cause the error you describe. Turn on all layers before importing and make sure they're not hidden.

HTH,

Benjamin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Importing a txt file with Story collector - help needed

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »