PRAKASH SHARMA
PRAKASH SHARMA  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 20:18
English to Hindi
+ ...
Apr 17, 2009

Hi,

I need to convert Trados unclean file to a Trados clean file. I request you to guide me with the steps.

Thanks & Regards,
PRAKASH SHARMA

Trinh Do
Trinh Do  Identity Verified
Australia
Member (2007)
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
Converting Trados unclean file to Trados clean file Apr 17, 2009

Hi Prakaash,

First close the unclean file. Make sure you have the clean file in the same folder and closed.

Go to Trados Workbench > Tools > Clean up.

Another window appears on the left side. Click on "Add file" and choose the unclean file.

Press OK. On the right side of the window, press "Clean up".

You will notice the words and segments cleaned increasing. The file will be preprocessed and postprocessed. The number of words clean
... See more
Hi Prakaash,

First close the unclean file. Make sure you have the clean file in the same folder and closed.

Go to Trados Workbench > Tools > Clean up.

Another window appears on the left side. Click on "Add file" and choose the unclean file.

Press OK. On the right side of the window, press "Clean up".

You will notice the words and segments cleaned increasing. The file will be preprocessed and postprocessed. The number of words cleaned should match the total no. of words.

Before delivering, check the cleaned file.

Good luck.
Collapse

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 09:48
Spanish
+ ...
Make a copy Apr 17, 2009

I would suggest you make a copy first. You can name it as 'Clean' / 'Unclean' or however you want; that way, you will keep both versions of the file. If you modify the cleaned file, adding the changes with Workbench in the uncleaned file is easier than using the Maintenance tool to update the TM. Besides, it's always wise to keep a copy of the bilingual file.

Edit:
Make sure you have the clean file in the same folder and closed.

I'm not sure what you mean. In TagEditor, you need to have the original file in the same folder before cleaning the *.ttx file. When you're working with Word (*.doc, *.rtf), you don't need to have the original in the same folder. You may choose to save the cleaned file anywhere you want using both Word or TagEditor.

[Edited at 2009-04-17 20:18 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A request

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »