Thread poster: Stephen Sadie

Stephen Sadie  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:57
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
Apr 17, 2009

I have a large number of XML files to translate using SDLX (I use the SDLTRADOS 2006 PRO version). I have successfully created ITD files as a project but these ITD files show up very strangely in SDLX, no text being visible. I know they do have content as I am able to view the source files on the Internet Explorer simply by clicking on them.

When I open any of the ITDs I have created there is no text visible and just a little zero and a red line at the top of both the left and right hand columns. The normal „matrix“ view
has now just become a blank space. If I try to count the words, it claims there are 0 words.

What on earth has happened and please please please help me, this project
has a very tight schedule.

Many thanks in advance

Stephen

Direct link Reply with quote

Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 22:57
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
ANL file Apr 18, 2009

If your client asked you to translate in SDLX, then they should have provided you with ANL file or files for those XML files in order to configure SDLX to read the XML files correctly.

If using SDLX is your own choice, then you must create the ANL files yourself.

Unfortunately there isn't much about it in the SDLX 2006 Pro documentation which I also have.

Hope that you will get some success with it anyway.

Regards

Piotr

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating XML files with SDLX

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs