Translating XML files with SDLX
Thread poster: Stephen Sadie

Stephen Sadie  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:31
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
Apr 17, 2009

I have a large number of XML files to translate using SDLX (I use the SDLTRADOS 2006 PRO version). I have successfully created ITD files as a project but these ITD files show up very strangely in SDLX, no text being visible. I know they do have content as I am able to view the source files on the Internet Explorer simply by clicking on them.

When I open any of the ITDs I have created there is no text visible and just a little zero and a red line at the top of both the left and right hand columns. The normal „matrix“ view
has now just become a blank space. If I try to count the words, it claims there are 0 words.

What on earth has happened and please please please help me, this project
has a very tight schedule.

Many thanks in advance

Direct link Reply with quote

Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:31
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
ANL file Apr 18, 2009

If your client asked you to translate in SDLX, then they should have provided you with ANL file or files for those XML files in order to configure SDLX to read the XML files correctly.

If using SDLX is your own choice, then you must create the ANL files yourself.

Unfortunately there isn't much about it in the SDLX 2006 Pro documentation which I also have.

Hope that you will get some success with it anyway.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating XML files with SDLX

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs