Problem with adding terms to TB while in TagEditor after installing Trados Studio
Thread poster: Veneta Georgieva
Veneta Georgieva
Veneta Georgieva
Bulgaria
Local time: 17:38
Member (2006)
German to Bulgarian
+ ...
Oct 21, 2009

I have installed SDL Trados Studio 2009 SP1 and MultiTerm 2009 SP1 and now I can't add new terms to my termbase when working in TagEditor (SDL Trados 2007 Suite). The function Add Term > Submit to MultiTerm is not active.

Please advice.

Thank you.

Grzegorz Gryc
Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:38
French to Polish
+ ...
Another MT function broken after the upgrade to MT 2009 Oct 21, 2009

Veneta Georgieva wrote:

I have installed SDL Trados Studio 2009 SP1 and MultiTerm 2009 SP1 and now I can't add new terms to my termbase when working in TagEditor (SDL Trados 2007 Suite). The function Add Term > Submit to MultiTerm is not active.

It's a bug.
SDL guys missed to update Tag Editor to make it work with the new Multiiterm.

As workaround, you may click on Workbench, right click and select Add Term in the context menu.
You can also highlight a text and use the common shortcuts Ctrl+Shift+S/T/M.

Cheers
GG

Roy OConnor (X)
Roy OConnor (X)
German to English
That seems to work! Oct 21, 2009

Thanks for the tip, Grzegorz! I had the same problem.
Rgds,
Roy

Veneta Georgieva
Veneta Georgieva
Bulgaria
Local time: 17:38
Member (2006)
German to Bulgarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The problem remains unsolved Oct 21, 2009

Thank you, Grzegorz, but the problem remains unsolved.
The Function Submit to MultiTerm in the context menu of Add Terms is not active.

Grzegorz Gryc
Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
It works in Workbench Oct 21, 2009

Veneta Georgieva wrote:

Thank you, Grzegorz, but the problem remains unsolved.
The Function Submit to MultiTerm in the context menu of Add Terms is not active.

First, it works only in Workbench, not in TE.
Second, you must have some termbase declared... although if you deselect all the termbases in WB, the Add Term form is still accessible even it doesn't make sense

Cheers
GG

Paul Stevens
Paul Stevens  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:38
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Add new term facility in SDL Trados Studio 2009 SP1? Oct 21, 2009

On a slightly different note, I am working in SDL Trados Studio 2009 Freelance (including SP1) and just tried to right-click on a term to "Add New Term" to the termbase, but the error message "Java Routine Environment cannot be loaded" appeared. Is this a general bug in Trados Studio 2009 Freelance or is it just not available in the Freelance programme? If it's not a bug and should be available in the Studio 2009 Freelance programme, can anyone advise how I fix this please.

Many th
... See more
On a slightly different note, I am working in SDL Trados Studio 2009 Freelance (including SP1) and just tried to right-click on a term to "Add New Term" to the termbase, but the error message "Java Routine Environment cannot be loaded" appeared. Is this a general bug in Trados Studio 2009 Freelance or is it just not available in the Freelance programme? If it's not a bug and should be available in the Studio 2009 Freelance programme, can anyone advise how I fix this please.

Many thanks.
Collapse

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Java Bug Oct 21, 2009

Hi Paul,
I think this could be one of the notoriously-known Java bugs. Please visit talisma.sdl.com and search for the article No. 2529.

Perhaps it will help.

Paul Stevens
Paul Stevens  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Thanks Oct 21, 2009

Many thanks, Stanislav. The first workaround seems to have fixed this for me.

Angela Dickson (X)
Angela Dickson (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
Update Jan 28, 2010

Just a note for anyone else who might be experiencing this problem: the bug in Trados Studio 2009 is addressed in knowledgebase article # 2759, and it seems to recur after each Java update (I installed a Java update yesterday, and Multiterm started throwing up errors and running slowly). I've had to fix it again today and it now works normally.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with adding terms to TB while in TagEditor after installing Trados Studio

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »