sdl trados synergy stopped working
Thread poster: Diane Skinner
Diane Skinner
Diane Skinner
Canada
English to French
+ ...
Nov 24, 2009

Purchased SDL Trados 2007 in August 2008. It has run without issues on a computer set up with Windows XP. I just bought a new computer set up with Windows 7 and successfully reinstalled SDL Trados 2007 (licence was returned and reactivated for this process).

Unfortunately at this point, I get an error message that reads " SDL Trados Synergy has stopped working".

Please advise how I should proceed.

Thank you.

Calvo
Calvo  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:04
Danish to Spanish
+ ...
same problem Mar 15, 2010

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem.

Did you manage to solve it? And in that case, may I ask how?

Kind regards,
Pedro

Diane Skinner
Diane Skinner
Canada
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
sdl trados - upgrade to 2009 required for windows 7 (64 bit) Mar 15, 2010

Good morning from Canada,

I discoverd that the older version of SDL Trados 2007 is not compatible with Windows 7 (64 bit). I had to purchase the upgrade to SDL 2009 (which also provides an "newer version" of SDL 2007) - now both of them work on my new computer! Others on this forum may be able to suggest alternative technical ways of getting around the problem, but in my case purchasing the upgrade was the quickest/simplest option. I've had no other problems since.

G
... See more
Good morning from Canada,

I discoverd that the older version of SDL Trados 2007 is not compatible with Windows 7 (64 bit). I had to purchase the upgrade to SDL 2009 (which also provides an "newer version" of SDL 2007) - now both of them work on my new computer! Others on this forum may be able to suggest alternative technical ways of getting around the problem, but in my case purchasing the upgrade was the quickest/simplest option. I've had no other problems since.

Good luck,
Diane
Collapse

Heidi Lind
Heidi Lind  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:04
English to German
+ ...
Same Error Aug 24, 2011

Sorry, I know this is an old post. I suppose the error doesn't bother me that much, I just click it away. But it still comes up for me even after upgrading to the new Trados version. So if any of you have found another solution, I'd love to hear it.
Take care,
Heidi

kaluha
kaluha
Germany
Local time: 14:04
German to Danish
+ ...
SDL Trados Synergy blocks Trados 2007 start Jul 5, 2013

Hi,

This might be old hat, but I would be very grateful for help with this problem.

Installed SDL Trados 2007 and SDL Trados Studio 2009 under Parallels 7 on my macbook pro.
2009 works fine.

On starting 2007 the start screen flashes for a second and the the well known error message "SDL Trados Synergy funktioniert nicht mehr" is shown in one window and another smaller window states "Fehler".

I have tried starting 2007 also in administra
... See more
Hi,

This might be old hat, but I would be very grateful for help with this problem.

Installed SDL Trados 2007 and SDL Trados Studio 2009 under Parallels 7 on my macbook pro.
2009 works fine.

On starting 2007 the start screen flashes for a second and the the well known error message "SDL Trados Synergy funktioniert nicht mehr" is shown in one window and another smaller window states "Fehler".

I have tried starting 2007 also in administrator mode, no difference there.

I have disabled autostart for SDL synergy in the Start menu.

Anyone with good ideas or experience in this field?

Thanks a lot in advance

Karen
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

sdl trados synergy stopped working

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »