Thread poster: Vladimir Stepanov
Vladimir Stepanov
Vladimir Stepanov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 16:15
English to Russian
+ ...
Oct 31, 2003

I have been working with a .qsc file everything went smoothly, no errors after verification. But every time I try to save the target text in a separate file, all the Cyrillic characters come out as separate tags ( This does not happen to English fragments, though...
Also, when I view target text in the bilingual .ttx file in the view mode, everything is fine, but when I go to Preview Mode, all target text turns into bizarre
... See more
I have been working with a .qsc file everything went smoothly, no errors after verification. But every time I try to save the target text in a separate file, all the Cyrillic characters come out as separate tags ( This does not happen to English fragments, though...
Also, when I view target text in the bilingual .ttx file in the view mode, everything is fine, but when I go to Preview Mode, all target text turns into bizarre tags…

Please, help!!! Thank you in advance

Vladimir Stepanov
Collapse

Mónica Machado
Mónica Machado
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:15
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Try contacting Trados by e--mail (see below) Oct 31, 2003

Hi Vladimir,

Although I can't help you that is surely related to the special characters used by the language you work with.

Please contact Trados Help line on:
[email protected]

I have contacted them when I needed and they always helped me. Also, they usually answer in a couple of hours.

Hope this helps
Regards,
Mónica Machado (MIL)

English into European Portu
... See more
Hi Vladimir,

Although I can't help you that is surely related to the special characters used by the language you work with.

Please contact Trados Help line on:
[email protected]

I have contacted them when I needed and they always helped me. Also, they usually answer in a couple of hours.

Hope this helps
Regards,
Mónica Machado (MIL)

English into European Portuguese Translator
Member of APT and IOL & Associate Member of ITI
Portugal
E-mail: [email protected]
http://monicamachado.planetaclix.pt
Collapse

RWSTranslation
RWSTranslation
Germany
Local time: 15:15
German to English
+ ...
where is the problem ? Oct 31, 2003

Hello,

and what happens after the conversion to Quark ?
I think that the qsc file is a ansi text file. Therefore it will be necessary to code all cyrillic chars as tags for the conversion.

Maybe it will be necessary to change the used fonts in the quark file to an unicode fonts.

Hans

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:15
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
You are not specific enough Nov 1, 2003

Please provide more details, what are exactly your settings?
This can be caused by incorrect language settings in your file/TM.
What happens after importing to Quark? Do you get proper output? Preview in TAG Editor does not create a Quark-conform output, it works well only with HTML files.

Kind regards
Jerzy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Terrible problem with Trados TagEditor

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »