Thread poster: Tobi
Tobi
Tobi
Local time: 08:44
English to German
+ ...
Mar 6, 2010

Hello,
I've just updated to SDL Trados Studio 2009 SP2 and from that moment, term recognition does not find any terms any more. The database is connected and opened, but it doesn't find terms. I've checked the language settings and they are OK.
Does anybody have a clue for solving this problem?
Thanks,
Tobi

Andrei Vybornov
Andrei Vybornov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 10:44
English to Russian
+ ...
It is a known issue with SP2 :) Mar 7, 2010

Try reading Article # 3093 at http://talisma.sdl.com

Tobi
Tobi
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Mar 7, 2010

Thanks a lot, Andrei!

This was the solution.

Best regards,

Tobi

Cristiana Coblis
Cristiana Coblis  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 09:44
Member (2004)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Thanks Mar 7, 2010

Just realized I had the same problem today and just gave up on it. Wow, top notch software

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
Solution? Mar 7, 2010

1. Download and unzip the attached LaunchStudio.zip file.
2. Double-click on the extracted batch file, LaunchStudio.bat.

This batch file will reregister the damaged terminology recognition components and start SDL Trados Studio. Run this file every time you have used Translator's Workbench and are switching back to SDL Trados Studio 2009 SP2.

Hope one of those "SDL Buddies" will remind this solution.
<
... See more
1. Download and unzip the attached LaunchStudio.zip file.
2. Double-click on the extracted batch file, LaunchStudio.bat.

This batch file will reregister the damaged terminology recognition components and start SDL Trados Studio. Run this file every time you have used Translator's Workbench and are switching back to SDL Trados Studio 2009 SP2.

Hope one of those "SDL Buddies" will remind this solution.
http://www.proz.com/forum/off_topic/158924-what_are_sdl_buddies_or_marketing_that_turns_you_right_off.html
Collapse

Koen van Gilst
Koen van Gilst  Identity Verified
Netherlands
German to Dutch
+ ...
Here`s a direct link to the solution Mar 9, 2010

http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=3093&p=1

Francoise Perigaut
Francoise Perigaut
Germany
German to French
+ ...
Thanks Mar 10, 2010

Thanks a lot, I was having the same problem and Studio is quite useless without the Term Recognition!
So far I don't need to run the file every time I switch back to Studio.
I find this bug quite unbelievable...

But it seems to me that the AutoSuggest feature based on the AutoSuggest dictionaries isn't working anymore either after the SP2 upgrade. Do I need to do anything to make it work again?

Edit: OK, forget it, I had only checked the general options wher
... See more
Thanks a lot, I was having the same problem and Studio is quite useless without the Term Recognition!
I find this bug quite unbelievable...

But it seems to me that the AutoSuggest feature based on the AutoSuggest dictionaries isn't working anymore either after the SP2 upgrade. Do I need to do anything to make it work again?

Edit: OK, forget it, I had only checked the general options where the AS dictionaries were activated for all the projects with that language pair, but for some reason they did not appear anymore in the settings of the projects. So I added them manually again for each project and it is working now.

[Edited at 2010-03-10 19:00 GMT]
Collapse

Francoise Perigaut
Francoise Perigaut
Germany
German to French
+ ...
Correction Mar 12, 2010

I was being too optimistic, I do have to run it regularly so the term recognition works again.

Yasemin Belkiran
Yasemin Belkiran  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
MultiTerm 2007 not working anymore after running LaunchStudio.bat to fix Term Recognition problem Mar 14, 2010

Hi,
does anyone know how to make MultiTerm 2007 run again after having executed the LaunchStudio.bat file to fix the Term Recognition problem in SDL Trados Suite 2009, which it effectively solved but caused MultiTerm 2007 to stop working (error message: Class not registered. MultiTerm iX.Application. Code 0x80040154 -> Please re-install MultiTerm - which is something I definitely don't want to do since I can quite well imagine that this will lead to one million new problems with version 20
... See more
Hi,
does anyone know how to make MultiTerm 2007 run again after having executed the LaunchStudio.bat file to fix the Term Recognition problem in SDL Trados Suite 2009, which it effectively solved but caused MultiTerm 2007 to stop working (error message: Class not registered. MultiTerm iX.Application. Code 0x80040154 -> Please re-install MultiTerm - which is something I definitely don't want to do since I can quite well imagine that this will lead to one million new problems with version 2009...)? I still didn't export/upgrade all my termbases, which is why I still need MultiTerm 2007, right now, actually...
I also tried to register the SDL components again via the shortcut in the start menu, unfortunately in vain.
Any hint is highly appreciated!
Thank you!
Yasemin
Collapse

Roman Bdaitsiiev
Roman Bdaitsiiev
Ukraine
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
SDL Trados Suite 2009 doesn't support MultiTerm 2007 Mar 15, 2010

transint wrote:

Hi,
... how to make MultiTerm 2007 run again after having executed the LaunchStudio.bat file to fix the Term Recognition problem in SDL Trados Suite 2009
Thank you!
Yasemin

Hello Yasemin,

Unfortunately SDL Trados Suite 2009 doesn't support MultiTerm 2007. So, you should install MultiTerm 2009 instead.

Reagards

Lianne Wouters
Lianne Wouters  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2009)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Solved! Mar 22, 2010

**and Studio is quite useless without the Term Recognition! **

Yes, I agree! I use the term recognition function quite a lot, so I was not at all happy about this problem. Just solved it though by using the patch.

Lianne

PeggyStrachan
PeggyStrachan  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:44
English to German
+ ...
SDL MultiTerm 2009 Core SP4 Mar 28, 2011

I have recently installed the update SDL MultiTerm 2009 Core SP4 and since then the term recognition in SDL Traodos Studio 2009 SP3 does not work any more.

Just wondering whether the solution mentioned above is still applicable.

Many thanks.
Cheers,
Peggy

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
What did you install and what happens? Mar 28, 2011

Did you install Multiterm Desktop SP4? This is not only an update of the 'core' components, but a full install of Multiterm Desktop and it should definitely solve the problems associated with the side-by-side existence of two term recognitions.

Are you also running the latest release of Studio (CU 10, build 9.1.2261.3)?

If so, what happens in Studio in terms of term recognition? Is the termbase recognized (do you read "No results available" or "No open termbase")?
... See more
Did you install Multiterm Desktop SP4? This is not only an update of the 'core' components, but a full install of Multiterm Desktop and it should definitely solve the problems associated with the side-by-side existence of two term recognitions.

Are you also running the latest release of Studio (CU 10, build 9.1.2261.3)?

If so, what happens in Studio in terms of term recognition? Is the termbase recognized (do you read "No results available" or "No open termbase")?
Can you do a manual search for a term in the termbase?

Make sure that the window "Term Recognition" is on top and not the "Termbase Search", otherwise you will simply not see the recognized terms displayed (a quite common and nasty error).

Walter
Collapse

PeggyStrachan
United Kingdom
English to German
+ ...
SDL MultiTerm 2009 Core SP4 Apr 1, 2011

Hi Walter,

Thank you for your reply.

I installed SDL MultiTerm 2009 Core SP4.
I am not aware of running CU 10, build 9.1.2261.3, but probably do as I regularly check for available updates.

The termbase opens, the term recognition window is also open. Just no terms get recognised when using SDL Studio 9 SP3. I am able to open the term base with multiterm no problem. I can even search it with the new SDL MultiTerm Widget.

Many thanks once a
... See more
Hi Walter,

Thank you for your reply.

I installed SDL MultiTerm 2009 Core SP4.
I am not aware of running CU 10, build 9.1.2261.3, but probably do as I regularly check for available updates.

The termbase opens, the term recognition window is also open. Just no terms get recognised when using SDL Studio 9 SP3. I am able to open the term base with multiterm no problem. I can even search it with the new SDL MultiTerm Widget.

Many thanks once again.

Cheers,
Peggy
Collapse

PeggyStrachan
United Kingdom
English to German
+ ...
LaunchStudio.bat does not work for SDL Trados Studio 2009 SP3 Apr 6, 2011

Hi Guys,

Just to confirm, running the LaunchStudio.bat to get the term recognition functionality back for SDL Trados Studio 2009 SP3 does not work.

I am very close to just giving up on SDL Trados Studio.

Cheers,
Peggy

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Term recognition not working any more after Update to Studio 2009 SP2

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »