Huub Stegeman
Huub Stegeman  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:13
English to Dutch
+ ...
Apr 12, 2010

Hi All,

I've got a weird and annoying problem:

Whenever I use Check Spelling in TagEditor, it will only see part of a word before a tag. For example:

for "diagnosis[tag]" it will only see "diagnosi". It will then obviously suggest a correction.

More or less the same thing happens in Workbench when I doubleclick a word in front of a tag because I want to use Concordance.

This problem only affect the last character in front of a tag,
... See more
Hi All,

I've got a weird and annoying problem:

Whenever I use Check Spelling in TagEditor, it will only see part of a word before a tag. For example:

for "diagnosis[tag]" it will only see "diagnosi". It will then obviously suggest a correction.

More or less the same thing happens in Workbench when I doubleclick a word in front of a tag because I want to use Concordance.

This problem only affect the last character in front of a tag, so "diagnosis [tag]" is not a problem.

I'm using Word 2003 and SLDX Trados 2007 freelance

I recently reinstalled from scratch, but that didn't help either.

Please help me out?

Cheers,

Huub
Collapse

Rebekka Groß (X)
Rebekka Groß (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:13
English to German
same problem Apr 12, 2010

I know exactly what you're talking about - very annoying but don't know what to do about it either though both the issues you describe occur in TE, not WB.

Huub Stegeman
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Does it have anything to do with the windows-version? Apr 12, 2010

Which Windows-version are you using? I'm using Windows 7

Kevin Fulton
Kevin Fulton  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:13
German to English
Same problem here Apr 12, 2010

I have Windows 7, Word 2007, TagEditor 8.3.0.863. I experienced this problem occasionally with Windows XP/Word 2003, but it happens all the time now.

Rebekka Groß (X)
English to German
could the ini have something to do with it? Apr 13, 2010

Kevin Fulton wrote:

I have Windows 7, Word 2007, TagEditor 8.3.0.863.

Yes, same combo here.

However, as it does not happen all the time I'm wondering if it might be the client-supplied ini I had to use for a project recently. (Without it, each TU would contain multiple sentences, so no complaints about the ini as such.)

Huub Stegeman
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
ini? Apr 13, 2010

Have you tried doing something without that ini? I had the same idea (special ini from Welocalize), but it didn't seem to make a difference.

Perhaps it's unrelated, but on the web I also find comments about Windows 7 cutting letters of filenames....

I'm beginning to think the problem is not so much the spellcheck or TagEditor, but Workbench, as the problem occurs there too. It has probably got something to do with segmentation, which I think is governed by WB (by means
... See more
Have you tried doing something without that ini? I had the same idea (special ini from Welocalize), but it didn't seem to make a difference.

Perhaps it's unrelated, but on the web I also find comments about Windows 7 cutting letters of filenames....

I'm beginning to think the problem is not so much the spellcheck or TagEditor, but Workbench, as the problem occurs there too. It has probably got something to do with segmentation, which I think is governed by WB (by means of the ini's, you're not far off there). It is driving me crazy!

Huub
Collapse

Rebekka Groß (X)
English to German
ini Apr 13, 2010

Huub Stegeman wrote:

Have you tried doing something without that ini?

Yes, I accidentally opened the file using just the default html.ini that comes with TE but didn't check that particular issue. That the ini might be at fault only occured to me today. On another project for which I used the relevant default ini words surrounded by tags were highlighted without missing out the last letter.

BTW, I still don't understand your reference to WB - could you be a little more specific, please.

Huub Stegeman
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Why WorkBench Apr 13, 2010

I mention Workbench (that bit of Trados that normally sits at the top of your screen and does the matching and the concordance search), because the problem occurs there too. Whenever I doubleclick a word there because I want to do a concordance search on it, I get the same phenomenon. As far as I know, that is really the heart of Trados that tells the editor (TagEditor, but presumably also Word) how to handle (segment) the document.

Now if only TagEditor had the problem, I would thi
... See more
I mention Workbench (that bit of Trados that normally sits at the top of your screen and does the matching and the concordance search), because the problem occurs there too. Whenever I doubleclick a word there because I want to do a concordance search on it, I get the same phenomenon. As far as I know, that is really the heart of Trados that tells the editor (TagEditor, but presumably also Word) how to handle (segment) the document.

Now if only TagEditor had the problem, I would think that is where the cause is, but this proof leads me to believe that it is actually at a deeper level, i.e. Workbench.

By the way, I found yet another occurance of the problem: try deleting the word in front of a tag in TagEditor by using Schift + Delete, you'll find that the last letter is not deleted....

Again proof that it is not so much a problem of the spell checker, but of the way documents are interpreted by the system in general.

Huub
Collapse

Rebekka Groß (X)
English to German
WB or TE Apr 13, 2010

Huub Stegeman wrote:

OK, but presumably you double-click the word in TE to do the concordance search, don't you? Which would suggest that it is a TE problem.

Huub Stegeman
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Nope, in Workbench Apr 13, 2010

I didn't even know that was possible to be honest. Have always done that in Workbench, which works just fine (apart from the problem we are discussing in this topic).
Thanks for the suggestion though!

Huub

Rebekka Groß (X)
English to German
concordance search Apr 13, 2010

You can highlight any word or expression in TE - or if you're working in Word - and click the Concorance button in the Trados toolbar (or press Alt + Up or select Concordance in the Workbench menu) . Just make sure you select Pin on Top on the View menu in WB, that way the concordance window will be displayed on top of your TE/Word window when a match is found.

Michiel Zijlstra
Michiel Zijlstra  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2005)
English to Dutch
+ ...
same problem here Dec 24, 2010

Any solutions?

Frank Jensen
Frank Jensen  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Danish
+ ...
Any solutions yet? Apr 16, 2011

Any solutions yet?

Alexandra Lindqvist
Alexandra Lindqvist
Local time: 08:13
English to Swedish
+ ...
Me too Apr 16, 2011

I recently stared working with tagEditor. Last time I worked with tagEditor I was workin in-house so I this is the first time I use it on my own computer.

OS Vista
Trados 2007

Any solution?

twellitwelli
twellitwelli
Local time: 13:13
English to German
+ ...
Any solutions? Aug 13, 2011

Four months later... Did anyone find a solution? This problem bugs me every time I use Tag Editor. It's not just the spell checker, but also selecting whole words automatically, it's always one click more to be made.

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Last letter of spellchecked word in TAgEditor missed

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »