Mobile menu

Tag Editor Error: 4005: Invalid Pointer
Thread poster: Kirsty Mason
Kirsty Mason  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:46
German to English
Dec 19, 2003

Hi, I am having problems accessing and saving bilingual files in the Tag Editor. Each time I try to save I receive the above message, and am unable to save the bilingual document (saving the target language file is fine). I really need the bilingual files for my client, and I also need to access old bilingual files to change them.

Trados Translators Workbench and Tag Editor version 5.5 Freelance, Windows XP. I haven't changed any settings or configuration since I last managed to save the same files successfully.
TIA

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:46
English to German
+ ...
Check TW_users Dec 19, 2003

Hi Kirsty,
Unfortunately, I have not been able to find any reference to this issue on the Trados Knowledge Base or elsewhere.

I can't help the suspicion that this could be a Windows (rather than Trados) error message - have you tried duplicating the files? What file type are you working on?

Besides contacting Trados support, you may want to try the TW_users group. I searched their archives, but couldn't find anything either.

Good luck, and sorry I can't be of more help...
Ralf

Kirsty Mason  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:46
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Dec 20, 2003

.. for the reply Ralf.
In desperation I deinstalled and reinstalled all my Trados solutions and the problem has not reoccurred (so far).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tag Editor Error: 4005: Invalid Pointer

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs