Mobile menu

Upgrading from Win98 to XP - can I still use FV 5.0 dongle?
Thread poster: Erik Hansson

Erik Hansson  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
Swedish
+ ...
Jan 9, 2004

Hello,

I have been using Tradios Freelance Version 5.0 for some years now, with Windows 98.

As I would like to upgrade to XP, I was wondering if I could still use my USB dongle for FV 5.0, or if I need to make an upgrade to 6.5. By the way, the cost for upgrading from 5.0 (or 5.5) to 6.5 is EUR 245,00 - so any advice is very welcome.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best regards,
Erik

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:36
English to German
+ ...
Windows XP is not a problem - Office XP could well be Jan 9, 2004

Hi Erik,
As I would like to upgrade to XP,

If you're just talking about Windows XP, there shouldn't be a problem (you may need to install a new dongle driver, though).

Trados 5.0 did not yet fully (and officially) support Office XP (see this article from the Trados Knowledge Base).

HTH, Ralf

Erik Hansson  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Ralf! Jan 10, 2004

Thanks a lot for your help, Ralf!

The FAQ section on Trados told that I would possibly need a new driver, to be easily downloaded from the Trados' software supplier Rainbow, but still didn't mention if I could still use the FV 5.0 dongle with Windows XP.

Will keep you updated

Best regards,
Erik

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Upgrading from Win98 to XP - can I still use FV 5.0 dongle?

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs