Thread poster: achisholm
achisholm
achisholm
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:07
Italian to English
+ ...
Jan 10, 2004

Hi, I installed Trados 6.5 on one of my PCs about 2 months or so ago and was using it without any problems. Then,in the last few weeks, I installed it on my new laptop and have been using it ever since-again with no problems.

The other day, I wantd to do some work on tìmy old PC and so I moved the dongle from my laptop to my PC and started up. When I opened up word however, I was unable to find the TW4Win toolbar in the toolbar options menu. Strangely, the Multiterm option was avai
... See more
Hi, I installed Trados 6.5 on one of my PCs about 2 months or so ago and was using it without any problems. Then,in the last few weeks, I installed it on my new laptop and have been using it ever since-again with no problems.

The other day, I wantd to do some work on tìmy old PC and so I moved the dongle from my laptop to my PC and started up. When I opened up word however, I was unable to find the TW4Win toolbar in the toolbar options menu. Strangely, the Multiterm option was available.

Since there was a global problem the other day with Norton AV and Trust certifications slowing down PCs all over the wprld and taking an age to ask for certifications etc, I thought this may have had some effect and so I performed a repair install of Trados, but this made no difference.

I can use Trados to analyse files and do all the other tasks I have become familiar with, but I cannot see the Trados toolbar in Word, and so I can't use it to get TUs.

My next option may be to reinstall Office XP (orat least perform a repair) but I'd rather avoid that if I can. Can anyone suggest a remedy.

In summary, in Word, when I click on View -> Toolbars, all oter toolbar types are listed except TW4Win (coincidentally, or perhaps not, Kudoz.net toolbar disappeared at the same time).

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Sandy
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:07
English to German
+ ...
Is the Trados template activated? Jan 10, 2004

Hi Alexander,
Please check if the trados6.dot template is activated in Word (should be under Extras - Templates and Add-ins - I'm using a German version of Word, so I don't know if these are the exact commands).

Ideally, the file should be in your Word startup folder (default: c:\program files\Microsoft Office\Office10\Startup).

The fact that the MultiTerm toolbar is displayed is due to the fact that MT uses a separate template (MTerm-EN.dot or Multi
... See more
Hi Alexander,
Please check if the trados6.dot template is activated in Word (should be under Extras - Templates and Add-ins - I'm using a German version of Word, so I don't know if these are the exact commands).

Ideally, the file should be in your Word startup folder (default: c:\program files\Microsoft Office\Office10\Startup).

The fact that the MultiTerm toolbar is displayed is due to the fact that MT uses a separate template (MTerm-EN.dot or MultiTermiX.dot).

HTH, Ralf
Collapse

achisholm
achisholm
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:07
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sorted now - cheers. Jan 10, 2004

Cheers, I looked for the Templates and addins option in the Tools menu, and the templete was in fact there, just that it hadn\'t been activated.

Problem now seems to be solved.

Many thanks for the help.

Cheers.

Sandy

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Alexander,
Please check if the trados6.dot template is activated in Word (should be under Extras - Templates and Add-ins - I\'m using a German version of Word, so I don\'t know if these are the exact commands).

Ideally, the file should be in your Word startup folder (default: c:program filesMicrosoft OfficeOffice10Startup).

The fact that the MultiTerm toolbar is displayed is due to the fact that MT uses a separate template (MTerm-EN.dot or MultiTermiX.dot).

HTH, Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 6.5/Word 2002 - can't see the TW4Win Toolbar

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »