User
Thread poster: Deborah Hoffman
SDL Trados 2007:The system cannot find the file specified
Deborah Hoffman  Identity Verified

Local time: 10:42
Russian to English
+ ...
Jul 19, 2010

My apologies if this has already been asked; I couldn't find the exact question in my searches.

I can't open any of my TMs. Instead I receive this error:

"The system cannot find the file specified"

What I have tried: made sure both the Itx and tmw files are present in the same folder.
Went into Options/Translation Memory Options/Concordance to see if there was a Reference memory specified and/or the "Search first in reference translation memory" box was checked (No to both). Tried doing both of those things. No difference.

Tried Closing Trados, right-clicking on the TM and choosing "open with TRados." No go.

I believe this is because I had a sudden crash and while backing up my files I moved my Clients folder into a different folder. I'm wondering if Trados still has the old path stored somewhere, but I don't know where that would be.

Willing to try anything!

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 16:42
Member (2009)
French to German
+ ...
Recreate your TM Jul 19, 2010

Deborah

Have a look at the following KB article:

http://kb.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=2076&p=1

Make sure you have all 5 files in the same folder and that they are congruent. If they are not and you cannot open the TM, you have two choices:

1. Follow the procedure described in KB artilce 1540:

http://kb.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=1540&p=1

2. Create an empty TM and import your latest backup export file.

A good general advice is to regularly do an export of your TM, and especially before such changes as moving the files etc, so you can always recover your TM from the export.

Walter

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]
Prachya Mruetusatorn[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2007:The system cannot find the file specified

Fluency Translation Suite
Come see the Fluency Difference and SAVE

The most affordable and easy to learn translation tool! Start and finish your translations faster than ever with Fluency Translation Suite 2013. TMs, Terminology, and Online Resources are fully integrated and only a click away. Download a free trial today

More info »
memoQ translator pro 2013
ProZ.com members receive a 20% discount on memoQ

memoQ is a tool from translators to translators: no matter whether your clients give you files in the original file formats or supply you with project packages in other translation tools, you can use memoQ to guarantee timely delivery, high productivity a

More info »