TRADOS 6.5 freelance Multiterm
Thread poster: Flore Abadie

Flore Abadie  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 22:38
English to French
Jan 29, 2004

Hello,

I have the version 6.2.0.267 (build 267)of multiterm and I cant open the files .mtw and .mta, which I have been provided by my client.I also tried to convert those files with Multiterm convert. It then gives me some error messages or/and ask me for some user id and password. I havent been provided with any. What shall I do?

Thanks,

Flore

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Incompatible versions Jan 29, 2004

Hi Flore,

I have the version 6.2.0.267 (build 267)of multiterm and I cant open the files .mtw and .mta, which I have been provided by my client.

You can't - .mtw files (plus the associated other files - two sets of .mdf, .mta and .mtf files) are used by MultiTerm 5.x, whereas you have MultiTerm iX.

I also tried to convert those files with Multiterm convert. It then gives me some error messages or/and ask me for some user id and password. I havent been provided with any. What shall I do?

What exactly are the error messages you're getting?
Which application is asking you for a user ID, and at which point?

Best regards, Ralf

France
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
multiterm Convert password Jan 29, 2004

Hi Ralf,

After choosing the .mtw file in "the multiterm Convert- Specify files" I get a Multiterm COnvert-Password as I dont have one I press cancel and then get the message " the conversion option could not be initialised properly". Hope I have made it clear! Thanks again for your help.

Flore

Germany
English to German
+ ...
MT Convert doesn't normally require a password...? Jan 29, 2004

I'm not sure, but it looks as if the .mtw archive is password-protected (in which case MT Convert would obviously require a password). Could this be the case?

Best, Ralf

France
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
maybe...what about using txt files? Jan 29, 2004

I am not sure but it might be the reason. My client also sent me the file in .txt but I don't seem to be able to open that file with multiterm either... ( I don't seem to be to good at that!) Thanks for all your help and patience!

Flore

Germany
English to German
+ ...
Have a look... Jan 29, 2004

...I just sent you a message through your profile.

Cheers, Ralf

Suzanne Blangsted  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:38
Danish to English
+ ...
Trados 6.5 Jan 30, 2004

Try opening the file through WB import. Save the file from your client, so you know where the file is, then click on import, and enter the file for import. Oh, yea, also make sure you have chosen the right translation options in the WB. Click Options, click term recognition options, and check the option for the option for terminology provider. There are two. One should fit the TM you are attempting to use.

[Edited at 2004-01-30 01:24]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRADOS 6.5 freelance Multiterm

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs