TRADOS: do you have to convert Powerpoint files in order to create TMs?
Thread poster: Alessandro Miani
Alessandro Miani  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:55
Italian to French
+ ...
Feb 19, 2004

I would like to know if one has to transform Powerpoint files (or other type files)into Word files to be able to enter them as memories into Trados or not.

Direct link Reply with quote

jmadsen  Identity Verified
No... Feb 19, 2004

If you have the new version (Trados 6.5), you can translate both Powerpoint and Excel files directly in TagEditor.
Besides you can align Powerpoint files using WinAlign.

[Edited at 2004-02-19 15:54]

gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 03:55
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Use T-Window Feb 19, 2004

Alessandro Miani wrote:
I would like to know if one has to transform Powerpoint files (or other type files) into Word files to be able to enter them as memories into Trados or not.

The Trados tool for translating PowerPoint files in their native format is called T-Window for PowerPoint (part of the T-Window suite).
There is no need to convert into Word or any other format.

Gianfranco

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
No longer T-Window... Feb 19, 2004

Slight correction, Gianfranco, if I may...
The Trados tool for translating PowerPoint files in their native format is called T-Window for PowerPoint (part of the T-Window suite).
There is no need to convert into Word or any other format.

With Trados 6.5, you can translate PPT files in Trados TagEditor, which works much better than T-Window, IMO. Note that the first opening in TagEditor may take some time, as TE first needs to convert all PPT formatting into tags.

I'm moving the the thread to Trados Support.

Best regards, Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRADOS: do you have to convert Powerpoint files in order to create TMs?

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs