TagEditor 6.0: How do I change decimals manually?
Thread poster: Bodil Little
Bodil Little
Bodil Little  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 08:56
English to Danish
+ ...
Feb 27, 2004

TagEditor seems to skip all the numbers in my document. I need to go in and change the decimals to reflect the Danish rules - but I cannot seem to get anywhere. I have tried to deselect "protect tags" under tools, but to no avail. Any ideas?

Much obliged.
Bodil

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Document protection Feb 27, 2004

Hi Bodil,
TagEditor seems to skip all the numbers in my document.

That's as designed, as numbers represent non-translatable content.

I need to go in and change the decimals to reflect the Danish rules - but I cannot seem to get anywhere. I have tried to deselect "protect tags" under tools, but to no avail. Any ideas?

Options - Protection -> uncheck Protect document.

Be careful not to accidentally damage anything in the document - unless you're very familiar with tagging etc. I would recommend to only "lift" that protection to change numbers, and to re-activate it afterwards.

HTH, Ralf

Bodil Little
Bodil Little  Identity Verified
Denmark
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks - TagEditor Feb 27, 2004

Dear Ralf,

Many thanks for your help. What I did wrong was I only lifted the protection for the tags, not for the entire document. Now it worked! (And I am being extremly careful!)

Best regards,
Bodil

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor 6.0: How do I change decimals manually?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »