https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/18919-problems_with_maximize_minimize_trados_workbench_window.html

Problems with Maximize/minimize Trados Workbench window
Thread poster: Mónica Machado
Mónica Machado
Mónica Machado
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:23
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Mar 1, 2004

Hello,

I suddebly got a strange situation in my Trados Workbench window. I have Trados 6.5 and the Workbench window got maximized without knowing why and now when I try to make it smaller it can only get minimized. I want to resize it to get it smaller but apparently I am not able to. I have solved this before but this time for some reason that window can not be resized to medium size.

Does any one know what to do? I have tried to use the buttons on the top right corner
... See more
Hello,

I suddebly got a strange situation in my Trados Workbench window. I have Trados 6.5 and the Workbench window got maximized without knowing why and now when I try to make it smaller it can only get minimized. I want to resize it to get it smaller but apparently I am not able to. I have solved this before but this time for some reason that window can not be resized to medium size.

Does any one know what to do? I have tried to use the buttons on the top right corner of Workbench but those can only maximize and minimize screen.

Any clues? Thanks for your help
Kid regards
Mónica
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:23
English to German
+ ...
Moving the thread... Mar 1, 2004

...to Trados Support.

Can you please tell us exactly which version of Trados you're using (including the build no.)?

Thanks, Ralf

Mónica Machado
Mónica Machado
United Kingdom
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Trados 6.5 (build 406) Mar 1, 2004

Hello Ralf,

I have Trados 6.5. Trados Workbench 6.5.1.406 (Build 406).

If you need any further details do please let me know.

Thanks for your help
Kind regards
Mónica

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:23
English to German
+ ...
Upgrade Mar 1, 2004

Thanks, Mónica.

I have Trados 6.5. Trados Workbench 6.5.1.406 (Build 406).

You may consider upgrading to 6.5.2.417, which contains quite a number of patches and fixes.

The problem you describe should be fixed using the procedure described in [url=http://support.trados.com/view.asp?cntID=1123]this article[/urk] from the Trados Knowledge Base.

As always, be careful when making changes to the registry!

HTH, Ralf

Mónica Machado
Mónica Machado
United Kingdom
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
WoW:-) Mar 1, 2004

Hello Ralf,

Thank you so much:-) The procedure you indicated really solved my problem and now everything is as it should.

Thank you again for your help. I might upgrade as advised too.

Kind regards,
Mónica

ekl
ekl
Same problem with workbench window size Feb 25, 2010

Hi
I've been using SDL trados 2007 for 2 years now without problems, and suddenly, it seems impossible to resize the workbench window, only minimize or maximize it. I found a link on this forum, but this link is broken, impossible to access the article you are refering to. Thanks in advance for your prompt response, Elisabeth

[Modifié le 2010-02-25 17:25 GMT]

tz7
tz7
United States
Local time: 18:23
English to Japanese
Same problem with Studio 2011 with multi-monitor environment Nov 12, 2013

Whenever I accidentally minimize the window, the window can't be restored. Alt+Spave, M, then arrow keys could be used to move the window but sometimes it doesn't work either.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with Maximize/minimize Trados Workbench window

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »