Thread poster: jacana54 (X)
jacana54 (X)
jacana54 (X)  Identity Verified
Uruguay
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 18, 2011

Hello,

I've been using Trados 2007 for about a year now and today I decided to install the rest of the package I purchase here via a group buy. I installed MultiTerm 2009 and then Trados 2009. I imported my memory into Trados 2009 with no problems.

When I try to use the "create termbase" function in MultiTerm (I see the name in Spanish, but this is what it means) I get an error message: "Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID (...) failed due to the
... See more
Hello,

I've been using Trados 2007 for about a year now and today I decided to install the rest of the package I purchase here via a group buy. I installed MultiTerm 2009 and then Trados 2009. I imported my memory into Trados 2009 with no problems.

When I try to use the "create termbase" function in MultiTerm (I see the name in Spanish, but this is what it means) I get an error message: "Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID (...) failed due to the following error: 8004011". Trados was not open.

I've been reading some information on the SDL customer portal but I can't find this.

Can anyone please provide an explanation or suggest a solution in terms that a dummy like me might understand?

My aim is to use MultiTerm as a free-standing tool... to have it always open in the background and be able to enter terms even when I am not using Trados.

Thanks in advance!

Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:03
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Check this talisma article Jan 18, 2011

http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=2527&p=1

jacana54 (X)
Uruguay
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I followed the instructions... Jan 18, 2011

Hello Jerzy, many thanks for your prompt reply.

I followed those instructions carefully and rebooted the computer but unfortunately the same error persists.

The talisma article you mention addresses error 80040154; what I get is error 80040111.

I get it only on MultiTerm. I just opened Workbench and Tag Editor as usual and there were no problems.

I could uninstall MultiTerm and forget the whole thing, but having paid good money for it I would
... See more
Hello Jerzy, many thanks for your prompt reply.

I followed those instructions carefully and rebooted the computer but unfortunately the same error persists.

The talisma article you mention addresses error 80040154; what I get is error 80040111.

I get it only on MultiTerm. I just opened Workbench and Tag Editor as usual and there were no problems.

I could uninstall MultiTerm and forget the whole thing, but having paid good money for it I would like to use it.

Thanks again.

Lucía
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Try deleteing the settings files Jan 18, 2011

C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL MultiTerm\8.5.0.0\BaseSettings.xml
C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL MultiTerm\8.5.0.0\UserSettings.xml

BTW, if it is SP3, did you install the patches for C++ 2005 and 2008?

jacana54 (X)
Uruguay
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I didn't install those patches Jan 18, 2011

* I don't have those files in App Data...

* Should I install these then?

SDL MultiTerm 2009 Desktop SP3

Please refer to the knowledge base article for What’s New in SDL MultiTerm 2009 SP3. Please also refer to the SDL MultiTerm 2009 SP3 release notes and installation guide for more information.
Filename: SDLMultiTermDesktop2009_SP3_166.exe 26-Aug-2010 130MB

SDL Trados Studio 2009 SP3

Please refer to the knowledge
... See more
* I don't have those files in App Data...

* Should I install these then?

SDL MultiTerm 2009 Desktop SP3

Please refer to the knowledge base article for What’s New in SDL MultiTerm 2009 SP3. Please also refer to the SDL MultiTerm 2009 SP3 release notes and installation guide for more information.
Filename: SDLMultiTermDesktop2009_SP3_166.exe 26-Aug-2010 130MB

SDL Trados Studio 2009 SP3

Please refer to the knowledge base articles for What is New in SDL Trados Studio 2009 SP3 and Installing SDL Trados Studio 2009 SP3. Please also refer to the SDL Trados Studio 2009 SP3 release notes and installation guide for more information.
Filename: SDLTradosStudio2009_SP3_2229.exe 26-Aug-2010 361MB

SDL Trados 2007 Suite Freelance

Please refer to the SDL Trados 2007 Suite Freelance Release Notes for more information.
Filename: SDLTrados2007Suite_FL_863.exe

The page also offers this:

SDLX 2007 Build 7080 - Compatability release for SDL MultiTerm 2009

This release of SDLX is for customers who use SDLX as part of SDL Trados 2007 or SDL Trados 2007 Suite, and wish to use SDL MultiTerm 2009 termbases in SDLX. Please see this knowledge base article for more information.
Filename: SDLX_2007_3_7080_SOFTLOCK_EN.exe

I'm sorry to be taking up so much of your time, this is all completely new to me. I really appreciate your help.

L
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
What is your operating system? Jan 18, 2011

You should have those files in your user account in Windows.
As for the rest: you did install the latest build I assume?
Please check this talisma article and install the C++ patches mentioned there: http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=3353&p=1
Also interesting
... See more
You should have those files in your user account in Windows.
As for the rest: you did install the latest build I assume?
Please check this talisma article and install the C++ patches mentioned there: http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=3353&p=1
Also interesting: http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=3420&p=1
Collapse

jacana54 (X)
Uruguay
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
XP; yes SP3 installed Jan 19, 2011

Good morning!

My operating system is Windows XP (I have MS Office 2003) and yes, I do have SP3.

I'm going to try uninstalling MultiTerm and installing it again. Then I will install the updates and finally try the program again. I'm trying to keep it simple...

Thanks so much, Jerzy, I'll let you know what happened.

Have a great day.

L

jacana54 (X)
Uruguay
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Fixed! Jan 19, 2011

Thanks a million, Jerzy!

Anne Pinaglia
Anne Pinaglia
Netherlands
Italian to English
+ ...
Fixed Mar 2, 2012

When alternating between two different versions (or when you have two versions and one of this version was uninstalled), you must register the software you want to use by executing the self-registration batch file.

With SDL Trados 2009 this registration batch file was integrated and you will not find any Selfregister.bat. But for SDL Trados 2007 you still need to run this batch file manually.

This registration batch file for SDL Trados 2007 can be found in: START > Programs > SDL International > SDL Trados 2007 > Trados > Register SDL Trados 2007

Alternatively you can run the registration batch file directly from the installation folder, by default C:\Program Files\SDL International\T2007\TT\SelfRegister.bat

Fixed by:

uninstalling MultiTerm2009
running SelfRegister.bat
Reinstalling MultiTerm2009

It is possible that un/reinstalling is not necessary but I did it anyways.

Good luck and thank you for your contributions.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MultiTerm: error 8004011

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »