How to convert excel glossary into a multiterm glossary?
Thread poster: Rocío Boada del Sol
Rocío Boada del Sol
Local time: 02:49
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 15, 2004

I have an excel glossary to convert into Multiterm.
I have tried the macro provided in the yahoo group TW_users (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TW_users/files/Macros/Macros%20from%20Users/), but I do not know exactly how does it works.
Can somebody tell me how to use it or how to convert the file? I know that you can convert it doing some steps (adding a ** column, etc., but I don't remember how exactly).
Thanks a lot in advance!!

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:49
English to German
+ ...
Which MultiTerm version? Mar 16, 2004

Hi Rocío,
You didn't indicate which MT version you want to use - the procedures are different.

The conversion procedure for MT 5/5.5 is explained in this article on the Trados Knowledge Base.

MTiX comes with a separate import utility (MTConvert) where the import process is supported by a wizard.

HTH, Ralf

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to convert excel glossary into a multiterm glossary?

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search