Mobile menu

Spellchecking tagged documents (using Word as editor)
Thread poster: Klaus Lauble

Klaus Lauble  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:22
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
Mar 27, 2004

I'm using Word 2000 and Trados 6.5. Very often, I need to work with tagged documents (converted FrameMaker, SGML, Quark etc. files). But I can't manage to get the Word spellchecker work right on these files. It stops at all internal tags (red tags with the formatting code tw4winInternal). I'd like to find a solution that allows me to continue working in Word, because I find working in TagEditor so much more cumbersome (in TagEditor you supposedly can use the Word spell checker as well - but I hear that there are quite some problems as well).
Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Klaus

[Edited at 2006-01-16 22:11]

Direct link Reply with quote

Suzanne Blangsted  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:22
Danish to English
+ ...
word editor Mar 27, 2004

I found that starting tag editor and opening the document to be translated, then translating 2-3 sentences, saving the file, closing tag editor and then restarting tag editor, opening the document and starting translation from the beginning of the document, the word spellchecker/editor worked just fine from then on.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spellchecking tagged documents (using Word as editor)

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs