https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/19797-spellchecking_tagged_documents_using_word_as_editor.html

Spellchecking tagged documents (using Word as editor)
Thread poster: Klaus Lauble
Klaus Lauble
Klaus Lauble  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:22
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
Mar 27, 2004

I'm using Word 2000 and Trados 6.5. Very often, I need to work with tagged documents (converted FrameMaker, SGML, Quark etc. files). But I can't manage to get the Word spellchecker work right on these files. It stops at all internal tags (red tags with the formatting code tw4winInternal). I'd like to find a solution that allows me to continue working in Word, because I find working in TagEditor so much more cumbersome (in TagEditor you supposedly can use the Word spell checker as well - but I he... See more
I'm using Word 2000 and Trados 6.5. Very often, I need to work with tagged documents (converted FrameMaker, SGML, Quark etc. files). But I can't manage to get the Word spellchecker work right on these files. It stops at all internal tags (red tags with the formatting code tw4winInternal). I'd like to find a solution that allows me to continue working in Word, because I find working in TagEditor so much more cumbersome (in TagEditor you supposedly can use the Word spell checker as well - but I hear that there are quite some problems as well).
Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Klaus

[Edited at 2006-01-16 22:11]
Collapse

Suzanne Blangsted (X)
Suzanne Blangsted (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:22
Danish to English
+ ...
word editor Mar 27, 2004

I found that starting tag editor and opening the document to be translated, then translating 2-3 sentences, saving the file, closing tag editor and then restarting tag editor, opening the document and starting translation from the beginning of the document, the word spellchecker/editor worked just fine from then on.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spellchecking tagged documents (using Word as editor)

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »