Analyzing existing files with TRADOS (Mod: file alignment tool)
Thread poster: Michael Roberts
Michael Roberts
Michael Roberts  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:08
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Apr 2, 2004

Sorry, I'm virtually positive I've seen some information about this at some point, but I can't for the life of me figure out where.

I've been using TRADOS for about a year, but I've got one client I've been working with for three years or so. So I have a big pile of English and German files which I could use to create a TM with -- is there any way to do this before I waste a weekend playing with scripting? (Not that it would hurt me to do the scripting, it's just that I know I'd g
... See more
Sorry, I'm virtually positive I've seen some information about this at some point, but I can't for the life of me figure out where.

I've been using TRADOS for about a year, but I've got one client I've been working with for three years or so. So I have a big pile of English and German files which I could use to create a TM with -- is there any way to do this before I waste a weekend playing with scripting? (Not that it would hurt me to do the scripting, it's just that I know I'd go scripting off into the sunset and not actually end up with a TM from my old files...)
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 10:08
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Use winAlign Apr 2, 2004

WinAlign is rather easy to use. It aligns source and target files, and you can edit the result.

Michael Roberts
Michael Roberts  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:08
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Well, duh. Apr 2, 2004

Thanks! I guess if I'd RTFM I would have figured that one out. Sheesh.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:08
English to German
+ ...
Positive thinking, Michael... Apr 2, 2004

...this thread will help others to find the answer.

Have a nice weekend, Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Analyzing existing files with TRADOS (Mod: file alignment tool)

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »