Thread poster: Jana Uhlik
Jana Uhlik
Jana Uhlik  Identity Verified
Belize
Local time: 04:19
English to German
Apr 9, 2004

Hi,
I usually work with T-windows for PPT and have just recently had an error again (unable to find Trados Workbench - although it was open), which I used to be able to solve, but forgot how. Any ideas?

NOW THE PROBLEM MENTIONED IN THE SUBJECT LINE:
I have 6.5 and everybody seems to be happy using TagEditor for PPT files. I had only used TagEditor for the hmtl translations until now (which worked absolutely fine).
So I opened the TagEditor and Workbench and then t
... See more
Hi,
I usually work with T-windows for PPT and have just recently had an error again (unable to find Trados Workbench - although it was open), which I used to be able to solve, but forgot how. Any ideas?

NOW THE PROBLEM MENTIONED IN THE SUBJECT LINE:
I have 6.5 and everybody seems to be happy using TagEditor for PPT files. I had only used TagEditor for the hmtl translations until now (which worked absolutely fine).
So I opened the TagEditor and Workbench and then the document and I get this message:

"failed to create file parser Trados.PowerPoint File Parser".

Next error message:
"80005 Failed to create parser for plugin file format."

Can anybody help please? It is urgent ... Thanks a lot!

By the way, I am trying to download the new 6.5.2 version, but I only have a 56k connection at the moment, so I guess it will take another week ...

Regards,
JC

[Edited at 2004-04-10 01:32]

[Edited at 2004-04-10 01:33]
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:19
English to German
+ ...
Try to repair the installation Apr 10, 2004

Hi Jana,
I couldn't find anything on the Trados KB, but it sounds as if the TagEditor module that's converting PPT into a TradosTag (.ttx) format is damaged, or wasn't properly installed. You may want to try to use the Repair Installation option.

Of course there's also a possibility that the PPT file is either damaged or contains something that causes the parser to crash. Why don't you split the PPT in half, and see if the problem persists?

If you like, you
... See more
Hi Jana,
I couldn't find anything on the Trados KB, but it sounds as if the TagEditor module that's converting PPT into a TradosTag (.ttx) format is damaged, or wasn't properly installed. You may want to try to use the Repair Installation option.

Of course there's also a possibility that the PPT file is either damaged or contains something that causes the parser to crash. Why don't you split the PPT in half, and see if the problem persists?

If you like, you can send me the PPT file, and I'll try to open/convert it using T6.5.2 LSP. Contact me through my profile.

Best regards, Ralf
Collapse

Martijn Naarding
Martijn Naarding  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Same problem; did you find a solution? Oct 9, 2007

Hi all,

My experience with Trados is limited. I am having the same problem as you some years ago and I wondered if you found a solution. My version is 7.0 and problems occur with ppt documents.

Thanks in advance,

Martijn

Begoña García Soler
Begoña García Soler  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Same problem here, any solutions? Jan 15, 2010

I have windows 7 and cannot open excel, ppt or html files. No problems though with opening .doc documents with tag editor.

I wonder if it´s a OS problem.

Thankyou

Dusan Loparnik
Dusan Loparnik
Slovenia
German to Slovenian
Authoren von Trados sind unfaehig eine Loesung zu finden Jun 8, 2010

Es scheint, daß die Authoren von Trados unfaehig sind eine Loesung zu finden. Ich habe schon den Posten in Slowenien kontaktiret und die schieben schuld auf Windos (von XP bis 7), aber TagEditor sei nich schuld daran. Und bald kommt eine neje Version von SDLX-Trados, wo keine solche Probleme auftreten. Und dass wird wieder neue 700 oder 800 Euro kosten.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor error when trying to open a ppt file: 80005 failed to create parser

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »