Mobile menu

Problems with T-Window for Excel
Thread poster: two2tango

two2tango  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:35
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 15, 2004

This is my first time with T-Window for Excel. I´m using Trados 5.5. on Windows 2000. At the beginning all went well but now....
This is what I have done. I´ve kept the original but it won´t open now that I want to fall back on it to start all over again. I made a copy of the original with a different extension and that I used to create the project. I also unprotected the document. The Excel file has 9 tabs and now that I am doing the 6th tab, a notice pops up and says that I cannot save the changes because it is a read-only file. I don´t know what to do. Is there anything to be done? I´m forgetting to say a) that I have downloaded the excel file from the mail where it was attached into a different folder and the file won´t open but I suppose that´s another story, and b) that the changes I´ve trying to save are 100% matches, any ideas? anyway, any help will be welcome!!

Thanks in advance

Direct link Reply with quote

Dinorah Maria Tijerino-Acosta
Local time: 15:35
English to Spanish
+ ...
Solution to T-Window for Excel problem Apr 17, 2004

I can help you with the "read only" file. Do the following:

a) With the right button on your mouse hit the "Start"
b) go to "Explore"
c) go to the folder that has your file
d) go to your file and hit the right button on your mouse
e) go to "Properties"
f) go to "general" and you're going to see a box that says "read only" that is already mark. Take out the mark and hit "OK"

That will take out the read only and will allow you to work properly with your file.

Hope it helps.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with T-Window for Excel

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs