Mobile menu

How do I insert text after a footnote in a segment?
Thread poster: Anne Lee

Anne Lee  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:30
Member (2003)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Apr 17, 2004

I admit I am new to Trados 6.5 (usually use SDLX) but I cannot find this information in the tutorial. The segment I have problems with contains a sentence after a footnote. I have translated the footnote, but anything I try to type after that, turns purple. Can I split this segment to stop after the footnote? My segmentation is probably set up wrong because the segments sometimes contain 2 sentences but I cannot see where this can be changed.

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:30
English to German
+ ...
Use the forum search... Apr 17, 2004

Hi Anne,
This issue was discussed in this forum just over a week ago: www.proz.com/topic/19881. Let me know if this answers your question.

Segmentation and footnotes are two very separate issues.

HTH, Ralf

Anne Lee  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:30
Member (2003)
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Apr 18, 2004

hi Ralf, I don't know how I missed the comprehensive thread you referred to as I searched the site, honest... Thanks.

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:30
English to German
+ ...
No worries... Apr 18, 2004

...it's good to hear that you used the search function... there are quite a few who don't.

Glad it worked for you.

Best regards, Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I insert text after a footnote in a segment?

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs