Susanne Gansloser-Hartmann
Susanne Gansloser-Hartmann  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:34
Member (2009)
English to German
Jul 31, 2011

Hi,

I get an error message regarding Muliterm Widget for about 1 week now. It doesn't seem to have an effect on my work with Studio and Multiterm 2009. Nevertheless it is annoying to get this message every time I start my computer. I don't even know what this Widget is about.

Here is the message:
Fehler beim Lesen der XML-Struktur. Bitte überprüfen Sie ob die Datei C:\Users... \Roaming\SDL\SDL MultiTerm\WidgetSettings.xml wohlgeformt ist. Das Stammelement ist ni
... See more
Hi,

I get an error message regarding Muliterm Widget for about 1 week now. It doesn't seem to have an effect on my work with Studio and Multiterm 2009. Nevertheless it is annoying to get this message every time I start my computer. I don't even know what this Widget is about.

Here is the message:
Fehler beim Lesen der XML-Struktur. Bitte überprüfen Sie ob die Datei C:\Users... \Roaming\SDL\SDL MultiTerm\WidgetSettings.xml wohlgeformt ist. Das Stammelement ist nicht vorhanden.

When I click "OK" to close the message, I get the message

"Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt."

Has anyone had this message before and knows how to handle this issue?

Best regards,

Susanne
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Just delete the file referred by the error message Jul 31, 2011

C:\Users... \Roaming\SDL\SDL MultiTerm\WidgetSettings.xml

Then the error will disappear.

Paula Mahler
Paula Mahler
Argentina
Local time: 21:34
French to Spanish
+ ...
I did it but... Aug 1, 2011

a week later, I get the same message. But now, I don´t have anymore the C:\Users... \Roaming\SDL\SDL MultiTerm\WidgetSettings.xml....
Thanks for a new answer.

Paula

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Oh, you should have it Aug 1, 2011

but maybe Windows is hiding some system files from you?
Check in your Folder Options in Windows, if system and hidden files are shown...

Susanne Gansloser-Hartmann
Susanne Gansloser-Hartmann  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2009)
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Multiterm Widget Bug Aug 1, 2011

Dear Jerzy,
Thank you so much for your help. It was, as always, quick and efficient.
I have not tried to delete the document yet - no time.
But it's so helpful to know, it's just a bug.
Nevertheless, I would like to give a big compliment to the Studio Symbiosis. I love the way Multiterm works with this autopropagation thing during translation.
Thanks again and best regards,
Susanne

toad
toad
Local time: 03:34
English to Swedish
+ ...
what's the point? Aug 1, 2011

Does anyone actually find the widget useful? I haven't found much use for it yet, but I'm all ears if anyone can provide some examples of how you use it.

br,
Torsten

Sasi1607 (X)
Sasi1607 (X)
English to German
can't find C:\Users... \Roaming\SDL\SDL MultiTerm\WidgetSettings.xml.... Aug 30, 2011

I have got the same problem. But I cannot find C:\Users... \Roaming\SDL\SDL MultiTerm\WidgetSettings.xml.... And I already changed my folder options. I use Windos 7.
Thanks for your help!

Alexandre Tissot
Alexandre Tissot  Identity Verified
Member (2012)
English to French
+ ...
The file Nov 17, 2011

Hello Sasi,

I also have Windows 7 and I can promess you that I have just found the xml file because I experience the same problem with the error message.

As Jerzy wrote it, you can display your hidden folders and files with the option on your computer and normally, you will be able to find the problematic file.

Actually, you will find C:\Users... \Roaming\SDL\SDL MultiTerm at the top of your window and the file will appear the file entitled WidgetSearchProv
... See more
Hello Sasi,

I also have Windows 7 and I can promess you that I have just found the xml file because I experience the same problem with the error message.

As Jerzy wrote it, you can display your hidden folders and files with the option on your computer and normally, you will be able to find the problematic file.

Actually, you will find C:\Users... \Roaming\SDL\SDL MultiTerm at the top of your window and the file will appear the file entitled WidgetSearchProviders. Well, it is what I found, actually.

I hope it will help.

Alexandre
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009 Multiterm Widget Error Message

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »