Maria Helena Brenner-Kelly
Maria Helena Brenner-Kelly
United States
Local time: 02:11
Member (2011)
English to Portuguese
Aug 24, 2011

Hi, there.

I am trying to install Trados 2007 on my Windows 7 system. The installation file I have is SDLtrados2007Suite_FL_863.

When the process starts, I get a message it is going to configure MS Visual C++ 2005. Then, next message is:

Error 1305. Error reading file
C:\Users\MARIAB~1\Appdata\Local\Temp\IXP000.TMP\vcredist.msi.
Verify that file exists and that you can access it.

The file doesn't exist.

I googled
... See more
Hi, there.

I am trying to install Trados 2007 on my Windows 7 system. The installation file I have is SDLtrados2007Suite_FL_863.

When the process starts, I get a message it is going to configure MS Visual C++ 2005. Then, next message is:

Error 1305. Error reading file
C:\Users\MARIAB~1\Appdata\Local\Temp\IXP000.TMP\vcredist.msi.
Verify that file exists and that you can access it.

The file doesn't exist.

I googled the file and found a Microsoft download exec to isntall Visual C++ 6.0. The file that installs this version of Visual C++ is called vcredist.exe, BUT in the list of files it says it install, there is no vcredist.msi.

Has anybody had this problem before? Any patch I can download?

Thanks for the help,

Maria
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Vcredist.msi is missing in Trados 2007 installation process

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »